Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 04-04-2021, 05:41 AM   #1
PointingMonkey
PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: none
Created E-book not reaching 100% progress

I recently made an E-book of Abraham Lincoln's (yes that Abraham Lincoln) The Trailor Murder Mystery, short story, with the Calibre editor. But when I open the book in the Calibre E-book viewer the progress counter reads 94% on the final page. If I shrink the viewer window, or make the text bigger, so some of the final page's text moves onto another page, it reaches 100%. I've ran the bug checker, and which returns a "No problems found" message. I've also ran the book though multiple online validators, which return no errors.

At first I thought it might be a problem with my CSS file, which I re-wrote. Then rebuilt the whole book. Yet still no dice. After going through my code multiple times, and having my brother take a look. Neither of us can figure out what is causing the problem.

Funnily enough if I convert the file to mobi, it works perfectly. Yet creating an Epub or AZW3 the problem persists.

I've attached the book and an image showing the problem I'm encountering. Any help in solving the problem would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	text847.png
Views:	177
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	186396  
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Trailor Murder Mystery.epub (247.1 KB, 154 views)
PointingMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:31 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's simply an artifact of your book being very small and the last file being only a single page. When displaying the start of a file the viewer considers the progress to be 0%. Since that file is 6% of the total the total progress is 94%. This is not normally a problem because for a typical book, one screenful of progress is less than 1% and/or the last file is more than one page long.
Since for a single page file *both* start and end are present on screen it is ambiguous which one should be used as the progress.

I can change the algorithm to special case files that render in a single page to report the progress at the start as 100% instead of 0%. That will fix your issue.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2021, 03:07 AM   #3
PointingMonkey
PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.PointingMonkey can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I can change the algorithm to special case files that render in a single page to report the progress at the start as 100% instead of 0%. That will fix your issue.
That would be fantastic. Just so I know for the future, would be possible for me to do the same with any future books?

Thank you for the quick response.

Old 04-05-2021, 03:29 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont need to do anything just update calibre after the next release and you will see 100%
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:16 AM   #5
PointingMonkey

Oh, okay. Thank you so much for all your help. It's very much appreciated.
Advert