Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-26-2021, 12:43 AM   #1
kpablank
kpablank began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo & Kindle App on iPad Mini
The Plantagenets: The Warrior Kings and Queens Who Made England by Dan Jones

Hello everyone. I'm still new to this amazing community. I am really enjoying exploring some of the topics the forum offers. I wanted to contribute with this modest recommendation. If you like literature related to History, especially books that explore, develop and explain some monarchical dynasties, you cannot stop reading "The Plantagenets: The Warrior Kings and Queens Who Made England" by Dan Jones ... what a thrill, amazing, amazing story, so full of nuances, details and twists, truly one of the most interesting historical periods I have ever read. You can easily get the book on Kobo or Amazon, I hope at some point you will have the opportunity to read it. If you have any recommendation on the subject, it will be gladly received. Cheers.
kpablank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 06:14 AM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpablank View Post
Hello everyone. I'm still new to this amazing community. I am really enjoying exploring some of the topics the forum offers. I wanted to contribute with this modest recommendation. If you like literature related to History, especially books that explore, develop and explain some monarchical dynasties, you cannot stop reading "The Plantagenets: The Warrior Kings and Queens Who Made England" by Dan Jones ... what a thrill, amazing, amazing story, so full of nuances, details and twists, truly one of the most interesting historical periods I have ever read. You can easily get the book on Kobo or Amazon, I hope at some point you will have the opportunity to read it. If you have any recommendation on the subject, it will be gladly received. Cheers.
Yes, that's a very good book. His "The Wars of the Roses: The Fall of the Plantagents and rise of the Tudors" is also good. If you like audio books, the audio version of these two is good. I especially recommend Clive Chaferr's reading of the book you recommend (not sure if it's still the case, but I got a substantial discount on the audio books after buying the eBooks)
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2021, 02:47 PM   #3
kpablank
kpablank began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo & Kindle App on iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Yes, that's a very good book. His "The Wars of the Roses: The Fall of the Plantagents and rise of the Tudors" is also good. If you like audio books, the audio version of these two is good. I especially recommend Clive Chaferr's reading of the book you recommend (not sure if it's still the case, but I got a substantial discount on the audio books after buying the eBooks)
Thank you very much for your kind response and recommendation. I just have "The War of the Roses" by Dan Jones on my Amazon wish list. That period and also the beginnings of the Tudor era looks very interesting.

I have wanted to try audiobooks for a long time but for some reason I always forget or overlook it, it seems to me a great recommendation. Thanks a lot!
kpablank is offline   Reply With Quote