Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-22-2018, 01:51 AM   #31
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
Hi, I got a feature request.

In `Kobo eReader.conf` file, I can insert the following lines:

[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true

then I can use the power button to take screenshots, but since it uses the power button, so it will affect the normal function of power button such as sleep/wake-up/lock-screen/open-screen. And I have to connect my device to the computer and edit the `Kobo eReader.conf` file if I want to just turn this feature on and off.

Since you are able to make `Invert screen` insert into the Settings, could you please make the `Screenshots` into the Settings too? When I want to take a screenshot, just check it, and after that I can just uncheck it, so I don't have to connect the device to my computer and edit the `Kobo eReader.conf` file.
Yes, I agree with you, it would be an useful feature.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:52 AM   #32
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Hi, I got a feature request.

In `Kobo eReader.conf` file, I can insert the following lines:

[FeatureSettings]
Screenshots=true

then I can use the power button to take screenshots, but since it uses the power button, so it will affect the normal function of power button such as sleep/wake-up/lock-screen/unlock-screen. And I have to connect my device to the computer and edit the `Kobo eReader.conf` file if I want to just turn this feature on and off.

Since you are able to make `Invert screen` insert into the Settings, could you please make the `Screenshots` into the Settings too? When I want to take a screenshot, just check it, and after that I can just uncheck it, so I don't have to connect the device to my computer and edit the `Kobo eReader.conf` file.
Great idea!!!
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2018, 03:10 AM   #33
Vwow
Vwow began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Chinese fonts and Chinese Input Method。
Vwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 03:18 AM   #34
Vwow
Vwow began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
1.Chinese fonts supported without 口口 or 口口??;
2.Chinese Input Method。

If those two Realized by our booklove or kobo official,all the persons from the great wall will happy enough.

Anyway, thanks a lot.
Vwow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:28 AM   #35
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwow View Post
2.Chinese Input Method。

If those two Realized by our booklove or kobo official,all the persons from the great wall will happy enough.

Anyway, thanks a lot.
I like these too. But I not sure this can be done eaily in patches.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2018, 07:35 AM   #36
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Great idea! Which setting do you want to replace?
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 07:36 AM   #37
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vwow View Post
2.Chinese Input Method。

Anyway, thanks a lot.
As codychan said, it probably can't be done easily in patches. As for the Chinese fonts, I'll try a few ideas I have, but that probably can't be done either.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:39 AM   #38
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
Request: Right recommendation slot on the 2nd row always goes to Pocket Articles (aka "My Articles")?

Also, probably unrelated: is it possible to keep the KOReader png in the home screen, other than dismissing older tiles?

Thanks a lot, as always.
Those patches aren't very easy, and will take too long to update, if not to make. The first one is too time consuming due to the lengthy home screen button handling code, and the second one is nearly impossible due to the same reason (but I might be able to do some changes where it actually updates that list).
Old 11-22-2018, 08:11 AM   #39
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
If this only can be done by replacing a setting which is already a check/uncheck item in Settings, it is hard to to find a useless item in settings, the 'Wi Fi' in 'Wi Fi connection' seems useless, but putting 'Screenshot' here seems weird.

Or, in 'Reading Settings', you can combine 'Show title' and 'Show footer' into one item like 'Show title and footer' (I personally uncheck both of them, but I'm not sure about others), and replace the other one with 'Screenshot'.

If this can be done just by adding an new item in Settings, then add it anywhere you like.

Last edited by codychan; 11-22-2018 at 09:48 AM.
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:24 AM   #40
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
If this only can be done by replacing a setting which is already a check/uncheck item in Settings, it is hard to to find a useless item in settings, the 'Wi Fi' in 'Wi Fi connection' seems useless, but putting 'Screenshot' here seems weird.

Or, in 'Reading Settings', you can combine 'Show title' and 'Show footer' into one item like 'Show title and footer' (I personally uncheck both of them, but I'm not about others), and replace the other one with 'Screenshot'.

If this can be done just by adding an new item in Settings, then add it anywhere you like.
Please, don't touch "Show Header" and "Show Footer", Wi-Fi is OK for me.

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 11-22-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:31 AM   #41
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
and the second one is nearly impossible due to the same reason (but I might be able to do some changes where it actually updates that list).
That one is a little frustrating. It can almost be done with a database trigger. You just need to set the last read timestamp to the future and set the reading status to reading. But, because nickel is using in-memory structures, it uses the status it set the book to until the next time it rereads the status from the database. So you open the image, it gets marked as finished but the trigger intercepts the database update. The image disappears from the home page, but if you connect to the PC, the image reappears on the home page.

If KOReader could be triggered from something other than an image, it might work as other formats are not automatically marked as read when opened.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:32 AM   #42
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
It would be best if the actual setting to replace was a customizable thing (a selection from a list, for instance). I'm sure all of us have useless [to us] settings, but I doubt we will all ever agree on one For example I don't ever turn the wi-fi or sync on but I assume I'm in the minority on that.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:25 AM   #43
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I also would appreciate a Screenshot patch. When trying to decide which default menu option to hijack, I would think that suitable candidates would be any which:
  • have only a simple ON/OFF setting
  • any individual user is likely to set once to their chosen preference then never touch again - just like the Adobe Page Numbers hijacked for InvertScreen.
The patch description could also tell the user how to permanently enable the old standard option by editing their .conf file.

An example might be the Large Print Mode option under Settings > Beta Features with a patch note stating
Quote:
Large Print Mode can be permanently enabled by adding LargePrintMode=true to the [ApplicationPreferences] section of your Kobo .conf file
Making a Patch Group with multiple choices would be even better.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:31 AM   #44
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I also would appreciate a Screenshot patch. When trying to decide which default menu option to hijack, I would think that suitable candidates would be any which:
  • any individual user is likely to set once to their chosen preference then never touch again - just like the Adobe Page Numbers hijacked for InvertScreen.
The patch description could also tell the user how to permanently enable the old standard option by editing their .conf file.

An example might be the Large Print Mode option under Settings > Beta Features with a patch note stating

Your guidelines are correct. I will probably replace the Large Print Mode for this patch. As for multiple choices, that probably won't happen until I automate replacing BLX instructions in kobopatch, as I currently have to calculate each offset manually.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:03 AM   #45
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post

I agree with all. They are good guidelines and LPMode is a very good candidate because all people that need it don't change it never (I suppose).

But geek1011, I will go beyond, is the list of beta options harcoded in nickel (or other file)? May be there's a way to add options to that list (Insert dream here!). Nickel has some option hidden that appear in some circunstances but I don't know how they work.
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests