Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-08-2021, 02:24 AM   #1
tonyc46
tonyc46 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Gen 6
Post Fetch News: On Demand or to Specified Library

I set up a separate library for news feeds. When I run them as a scheduled download, they seem to go into whichever library is active at the time. What I would like to do is to have the articles directed to the specific library instead of the active one. An alternative would be to have the feeds download on demand. That way I could have the correct library open when I do the download.

Is either method possible?
tonyc46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:27 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can schedule them to download once a year. Then right click the fetch news button and choose download all scheduled news to do it on demand.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:24 AM   #3
tonyc46
tonyc46 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Gen 6
Great idea. Thanks, Kovid.
tonyc46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
download, libraries, news fetch