Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-08-2021, 08:49 AM   #1
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
Question I Can't Get Author Names Correct

Hello:

I have never been able to get Calibre to Add books with the Author name as I want it (I do know how to use Quality Check | Fix but it still requires me to go through carefully and select only the ones that require fixing) "fn ln". I do not understand why the only option in FIX is to swap. An option to force all to fn ln as well as an option to force all to ln, fn would seem to be a simple yet useful addition.

However, my question: Is there a parameter already in Calibre which will automatically bring authors in as fn ln?

Thanks in advance.

Sparky
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:41 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The Quality check PI FIX is easy and fast to use. (some configuration needed)
1) Find the issue in by using the upper section (eg Check metadata: Check Authors Initials)
1b) select all (ctrl-a) results

2)Fix: Authors initials

I don't think there is a single, OSFA, solution. You can spend hours fighting the issue or a minute using the QCPI.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:53 AM   #3
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
Exclamation Quality Check

Hi:

Yeah, that's what I've been doing but it still bothers me and every so often, I ask because I've forgotten I've asked before and the possibility exists that maybe something new is on he horizon.

Anyway, thank you for reading my message and taking the time to respond!

Stay safe!

Sparky
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author name, quality check