Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-30-2021, 03:41 PM   #1
leiyuchen0
leiyuchen0 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note 3
Issues with Note 3 NeoReader After 3.1 Update

Hi all,

I just upgraded to the latest firmware for my Boox Note 3. However, I noticed an issue with the NeoReader.

It seems like NeoReader is no longer able to adapt the font family correctly to EPUB files.

Before the upgrade, when I choose a font family, it will always display regular texts when it's regular and italics when it's italics no matter which font I chose within a font family.

After the upgrade, however, when I choose italics, it will convert the entire book into italics. If I choose regular, the italic texts are forced italics but not the actual italics from the font family.

Anyone experiences this behavior as well and know how to resolve it?

An example below, font family is Bookerly

Before

After

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6483441 (1).JPG
Views:	666
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	186238   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6483441.JPG
Views:	716
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	186239  
leiyuchen0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 07:06 AM   #2
darkgarance
darkgarance began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2
Issues Neoreader after 3.1 Update

Hi all,
I don't have issues with the Note app per se but with the use of NeoReader when making handwritten annotations on pdf files. The app transfers data ( handwritten annotations) from one file to another, and layers them over and over, in a way that is totally unreadable. It also does so when exporting - it writes layers over layers. The only way I can see what I have written is to open the file with another app (for instance, Google drive). The written annotations do not seem to be indexed properly in this new version of NeoReader. This makes the Neoreader annotation function totally unusable for me.

I also do not know how to revert back to the previous 3.0 Update. I downloaded to .apk file but don't know where it should be put in the system to cancel the 3.1 update. if possible, I would like to avoid having to do a factory reset.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
darkgarance is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert