Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-25-2021, 04:08 AM   #541
Pirate4Life
Pirate4Life began at the beginning.

Device: Andriod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
Looks like the copy you used to generate the X-Ray is different than the one that's on the phone, like it's been run through Calibre another time or something.
The filename it's actually looking for is XRAY.B002RI9KAE.CR!TO8MCGKBQ14Z9IM4T8BCBWPSPYCN.db, but the one on the phone is XRAY.B002RI9KAE.CR!91S6O3TA4O99G1GBA1R3UYENIH7D_.d b.
If you just rename the file it should work, though there's a chance the highlighting could be wrong depending on if the book's content has changed at all.

Note that the underscore shouldn't actually be there, that's an issue I'll fix in the next version (I think it used to be required in an older build of the Android app or it wouldn't have worked in the beginning).
Thanks I would check it out now and see if I am able to make it work
Pirate4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 04:25 AM   #542
Pirate4Life
Pirate4Life began at the beginning.

Device: Andriod
Smile

Quote:
Looks like the copy you used to generate the X-Ray is different than the one that's on the phone, like it's been run through Calibre another time or something.
The filename it's actually looking for is XRAY.B002RI9KAE.CR!TO8MCGKBQ14Z9IM4T8BCBWPSPYCN.db, but the one on the phone is XRAY.B002RI9KAE.CR!91S6O3TA4O99G1GBA1R3UYENIH7D_.d b.
If you just rename the file it should work, though there's a chance the highlighting could be wrong depending on if the book's content has changed at all.

Note that the underscore shouldn't actually be there, that's an issue I'll fix in the next version (I think it used to be required in an older build of the Android app or it wouldn't have worked in the beginning).
Finally go it to work. Thank you so much
Pirate4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2022, 11:22 AM   #543
muggleMode
Enthusiast
muggleMode began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
Thanks for the incredible work, I have been using this application for a couple of years and it is the first time that it does not work well...
It was working perfectly until a few days ago, now I always get this error in "kindle extras"
Quote:
Attempting to download Start Actions…
No pre-made Start Actions file available, one will be built instead.:
BadGateway
Attempting to download End Actions…
No pre-made End Actions file available, one will be built instead.:
BadGateway
Attempting to build Author Profile…
Searching for author's page on the Amazon.com Kindle store…
Warning: No results found in the Amazon.com Kindle store. Trying all departments…
An error occurred finding author's page on Amazon.com.
Unable to create Author Profile.
Ensure the author metadata field matches the author's name exactly.
Search results can be viewed at https://www.amazon.com/s?k=J.+K.+Row...ref=nb_sb_noss
Sometimes Amazon just doesn't return the author and trying a few times will work.
Failed to find J. K. Rowling on Amazon.com

the "X-RAY" work just fine.
muggleMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 12:36 PM   #544
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by muggleMode View Post
Thanks for the incredible work, I have been using this application for a couple of years and it is the first time that it does not work well...
It was working perfectly until a few days ago, now I always get this error in "kindle extras"

the "X-RAY" work just fine.
What version are you running? If you just have the one that was posted here, it was a bit out of date (2.1.154) and I think the search was fixed recently; newer versions automatically went to Github but I forgot to post them back here. I've uploaded 2.1.174 to the first post now
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2022, 04:48 PM   #545
muggleMode
Enthusiast

Quote:
What version are you running? If you just have the one that was posted here, it was a bit out of date (2.1.154) and I think the search was fixed recently; newer versions automatically went to Github but I forgot to post them back here. I've uploaded 2.1.174 to the first post now

yeah that was it, i was using an old version, now i know how to download from github as well, is working like a charm, thank u very much.
Advert
Old 05-13-2022, 09:38 PM   #546
Marauder1
Marauder1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Your videos are 6 years out of date. The site you used for data is long gone.

The instructions are useless.

Is there any way to make this actually work as it once did?

Could you delete the old information in the first post and replace it with useful information?

Or would you request everyone to read 37 pages of posts to attempt to figure it out?

Last edited by Marauder1; 05-13-2022 at 09:43 PM.
Marauder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 06:10 AM   #547
hleo12
Guru
hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hleo12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (deceased), Kindle 4th, Kindle Basic 10th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder1 View Post
Your videos are 6 years out of date. The site you used for data is long gone.

The instructions are useless.

Is there any way to make this actually work as it once did?

Could you delete the old information in the first post and replace it with useful information?

Or would you request everyone to read 37 pages of posts to attempt to figure it out?
I was able to make it work with just the information on the first post. Everything you need is there.
hleo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 05:30 PM   #548
monoxdd
monoxdd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi. My english is bad. i´m an spanish speaker. This program is too good but a got problems with accent marks and special character like "ñ". It doesn´t reconice them. what can i do?
monoxdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 11:59 PM   #549
Homer55
Enthusiast
Homer55 began at the beginning.

Hi, I just discovered this tool but I'm having trouble, when trying to create the Start/End actions, it trows this error
Quote:
Attempting to build Start and/or End Actions…
Attempting to find book on Amazon.com…
Book found on Amazon!
An error occurred parsing Amazon info: Exception of type 'XRayBuilder.Core.DataSources.Amazon.Model.AmazonC aptchaException' was thrown.
any help?
Homer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 01:12 AM   #550
monoxdd

Hola! para los hispanohablantes hice este tutorial para tener X-Ray en español. Como oficialmente no existe en español, hay que hacerlo manual.
https://telegra.ph/Tutorial-X-Ray-Ki...%C3%B1ol-06-09
Old 06-13-2022, 07:45 PM   #551
Princess kindle
Enthusiast
Princess kindle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 8th
hello first of all thank you very much for creating this plugin, it's great! I speak Spanish and I'm trying my first book. Everything is fine with the x-ray builder(more or less) but the caliber plugin doesn't work, I transfer the book in kfx but I don't get the x-ray. My solution was to manually transfer the data from the output folder to the .sdr folder of the corresponding book on the kindle.
One last question, how can I make the x-ray data such as characters and others appear in Spanish? So you don't have to enter them manually.
Thank you very much and happy day

Last edited by Princess kindle; 06-13-2022 at 07:49 PM.
Princess kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 07:45 PM   #552
Princess kindle
Enthusiast
Princess kindle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 8th
hello first of all thank you very much for creating this plugin, it's great! I speak Spanish and I'm trying my first book. Everything is fine with the x-ray builder(more or less) but the caliber plugin doesn't work, I transfer the book in kfx but I don't get the x-ray. My solution was to manually transfer the data from the output folder to the .sdr folder of the corresponding book on the kindle.
One last question, how can I make the x-ray data such as characters and others appear in Spanish? So you don't have to enter them manually.
Thank you very much and happy night.
Princess kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 10:07 PM   #553
monoxdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess kindle View Post
Thank you very much and happy night.
Hola. Para transferir los archivos .asc de forma automatica debes configurar el plugin X-ray. Para ello vas a Preferencias, complementos, interfaz de usuario, KindeXray Ephemeralit, personalizar y click en " Browse". Aqupi buscas la carpeta de X-ray Builer "Out".

Como no existe X-ray en español, la única posibilidad es escribirlo manualmente o traducir los originales en inglés.
Saludos!

Last edited by monoxdd; 06-13-2022 at 10:10 PM.
Old 06-14-2022, 10:17 AM   #554
muggleMode
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoxdd View Post
Hola! para los hispanohablantes hice este tutorial para tener X-Ray en español. Como oficialmente no existe en español, hay que hacerlo manual.
https://telegra.ph/Tutorial-X-Ray-Ki...%C3%B1ol-06-09
ya habia creado con anterioridad el x-ray traducciendo del ingles, pero no quedan muy bien...
y en la tienda de amazon casi no hay libros en español q tengan el x-ray activo, es una rareza poder usar esta funcion.
hacerlo desde 0 para que otras personas puedan usarlo me parece muy noble, suerte en tu proyecto.
Old 07-23-2022, 04:05 PM   #555
MituButChi
MituButChi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Cool

Hi. Thank you for making such a good plugin. I use it all the time.

I've got a question. Now when I have 2 alias (including the full name) for a character, it'll count as 2 mentions for one instance.

For example, the character Severus Snape, sometimes he's called Snape. So I have 1 name and 1 alias: Snape and Severus Snape.
And there is this sentence in the book:
Quote:
This is Severus Snape.
It separates into 2 mentions:
Quote:
This is Severus Snape.
This is Severus Snape.
Can I change this? Like I'd imagine prioritise the full name first so it won't get duplicated.
If not then it's fine but if it's possible please let me know.
Thank you.
MituButChi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
x-ray