Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-11-2011, 03:13 AM   #1
duxbelli
duxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavensduxbelli is a rising star in the heavens

Device: none
Amazon's eBooks on PB devices?

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is old news, I have looked around and I just want to confirm what I think I understand.

Is it true that the BP devices will not download or read Amazon Kindle eBooks that are protected by DRM?

Is there not a way to install a Kindle app on the PB devices (for example the 903)?

If this is covered somewhere else, please point me to the link.

-- RJ
duxbelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 04:23 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by duxbelli View Post
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is old news, I have looked around and I just want to confirm what I think I understand.

Is it true that the BP devices will not download or read Amazon Kindle eBooks that are protected by DRM?

Is there not a way to install a Kindle app on the PB devices (for example the 903)?

If this is covered somewhere else, please point me to the link.

-- RJ
Just remove the DRM. Trivial to do - do a Google search for "Apprentice Alf".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
If your term "Pocketbook device" includes the 701 and upcoming A10 android tablets, you can install the Kindle for Android app.

Otherwise hit google, as pointed out above.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote