Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #4906
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
People often wonder how in science fiction a character who is "out of phase" can breath and why they don't fall through the floor. But another problem which has occurred to me is that when they return to normal, wouldn't the air that was occupying the space that they're standing in "fuse" with their bodies?

Now that's what I call nightmare fuel.

Last edited by Dylrob; 01-29-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #4907
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Our cat Christian is 19 years old. According to the Cats Age Conversion Chart at http://cats.about.com/cs/healthissues/a/agechart.htm, that's like 92 in human years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Christian 2012 01 31 RED.png
Views:	142
Size:	280.7 KB
ID:	81933  
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:31 PM   #4908
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Our cat Christian is 19 years old. According to the Cats Age Conversion Chart at http://cats.about.com/cs/healthissues/a/agechart.htm, that's like 92 in human years.
That's good going. I had a cat that adopted me one snowy night, and she lived for at least 23 years. I wasn't sure how old she was when I first met her, but even assuming she was less than a year old, she lasted a minimum of 23. So there's hope for us all yet.

And your table doesn't even go up that far , though I calculate that made her about 108 in the human equivalent.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:41 PM   #4909
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
...And your table doesn't even go up that far , though I calculate that made her about 108 in the human equivalent.
The first table I saw didn't even go that far. It stopped at 16 years!

http://www.calculatorcat.com/cats/cat-years.phtml
Old 01-31-2012, 01:44 PM   #4910
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

He's still got a lot of life in him, too. I can't believe that at his age, last summer he tried to pick a fight with another cat in our court.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:27 PM   #4911
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^Wow. Maple will be 12 (64) in June this year. She still plays and is the neighborhood bully, but she's such a sweetie.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #4912
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Looks a lot like our cat, Cody. He will be 19 in spring. He is almost entirely an indoor cat.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #4913
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

So is Christian mostly these days.

Did you notice the hairs sticking up on his back? The dogs were jealous that I was paying attention to him by trying to get is picture and I had to keep shooing them away. He mostly tolerates them, but he rarely shows any affection to them.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:10 AM   #4914
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You people and your topics.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #4915
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Feel free to ferret out some new topic.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #4916
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Now that you said that it would be on topic for me to do so!

Last edited by Dylrob; 02-01-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #4917
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Have you seen this?

My friends (husband and wife) used to work for Brian Plummer, the ferret handler, who wrote books on the subject.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:12 PM   #4918
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I wonder if ferrets behave like my dog does --- (he's a shih tzu, and so smallish). When he has something in his mouth that I really need him to let go -- I pick him up by the hind quarters, so his head is downward. He instinctively opens his mouth.

Dunno why; he just does!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:12 AM   #4919
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I wonder if ferrets behave like my dog does --- (he's a shih tzu, and so smallish). When he has something in his mouth that I really need him to let go -- I pick him up by the hind quarters, so his head is downward. He instinctively opens his mouth.

Dunno why; he just does!
Ferrets tend to hold on for at least a few moments. Slightly less if you scruff them by the neck.
Old 02-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #4920
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
If daisies
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
man boobs, skippy the bush kangaroo, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness