Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-03-2017, 07:01 PM   #16
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
No, there were a bunch of 5" e-readers before the kobo mini. Hanlin released several, and so did Pocketbook, Hanvon - and those were just the ones with the E-ink screens.
Not to mention Sony (300 & 350) & Bookeen (2 versions of the Opus)
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 07:02 PM   #17
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Not to mention Sony (300 & 350) & Bookeen (2 versions of the Opus)
This is true.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2017, 04:01 AM   #18
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
I have found the reference inside the qm file that is generated with the pipcat scripts for extracting nickel text strings to translate the interface.
Nice sleuthing!
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:50 PM   #19
egoat
egoat began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura h2o
Nobody going to joke about H2O2 so we can call it kobo bleach?

Also even though I'm most likely not going to buy a new ereader I hope they'll put an sd card slot on that.
egoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:31 AM   #20
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoat View Post
Nobody going to joke about H2O2 so we can call it kobo bleach?

Also even though I'm most likely not going to buy a new ereader I hope they'll put an sd card slot on that.
I know some members here absolutely need an SD card slot, but personally I just want a decently long battery life. That's the only place IMO the KA1 has fallen down on, apart from it not being available for purchase :-)
Advert
Old 03-05-2017, 02:54 AM   #21
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Goodereader (I know they not accurate most of the time, but still)
Quote:
Kobo is working on a brand new e-reader called the Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2. This device will be waterproof and feature a 6.8 inch display. It should be released this May, just in time for Mother’s Day.

Last edited by oren64; 03-05-2017 at 02:59 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:39 AM   #22
chrisridd
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Goodereader (I know they not accurate most of the time, but still)
They're not putting much effort into their Frankenpost are they? They've just stitched this thread to some other rumours and dates they started a while ago. They didn't even give any attribution..

There's nothing from Netronix in the fccid.io site since the KA1 last summer. Unless Kobo's switching manufacturing partner the lack of FCC testing is a very strong indicator that there's nothing coming down the pipe soon.

Perhaps they are switching from Netronix due to the yield/QC issues with the KA1?
Old 03-05-2017, 03:46 AM   #23
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I would be very interested in an updated H2O with adjustable light temperature and Overdrive integration... were it not for the new homescreen issue. I wonder if it will be patchable.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 04:11 AM   #24
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
They're not putting much effort into their Frankenpost are they? They've just stitched this thread to some other rumours and dates they started a while ago. They didn't even give any attribution..
You are right, they should give attribution.

Quote:
There's nothing from Netronix in the fccid.io site since the KA1 last summer. Unless Kobo's switching manufacturing partner the lack of FCC testing is a very strong indicator that there's nothing coming down the pipe soon.

Perhaps they are switching from Netronix due to the yield/QC issues with the KA1?
I also looked in the FCC and didn't find anything, so it's just a rumor.

Last edited by oren64; 03-05-2017 at 07:37 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:21 AM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Given the way badEReader reports, then Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2is never coming out. We are still waiting for the Kobo Reader that was due out last mother's day to be released.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:39 AM   #26
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Given the way badEReader reports, then Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2is never coming out. We are still waiting for the Kobo Reader that was due out last mother's day to be released.
Clearly they meant Mother's Day 2017!
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 05:40 AM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Clearly they meant Mother's Day 2017!
As clear as mud.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:48 AM   #28
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
To be fair we did see two new devices from Kobo after 'Good'EReader made their prediction. Though I don't recall the specs they made u...er 'quoted' for that one.

I suspect we'll see something but I wouldn't put a date on it at this point since we've nothing solid to go on other than the strings that have been posted.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:12 PM   #29
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I saw the article online, made the Mother's Day joke to myself, then proceeded to read the first few paragraphs of the article and found that they actually did drop the Mother's Day bombshell! They've got gumption, I'll give them that. Do they have any actual sources for their claims? They said it would be 6.8 inches but is that something that they know categorically or are they just stating what anyone with half a brain could deduce as a fact?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:39 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I saw the article online, made the Mother's Day joke to myself, then proceeded to read the first few paragraphs of the article and found that they actually did drop the Mother's Day bombshell! They've got gumption, I'll give them that. Do they have any actual sources for their claims? They said it would be 6.8 inches but is that something that they know categorically or are they just stating what anyone with half a brain could deduce as a fact?
I would say a new H2O would be 6.8" because the old H2O is 6.8" and there is already a larger screen device.

But as for the posting, they stole the any information they got from here and made up the rest.