Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

View Poll Results: Does your iLiad work with your Linksys WAG router ?
Yes, perfectly. 2 66.67%
Not at all. 1 33.33%
Sometimes. 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
Vanessa
French newbie
Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: iLiad v2, Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Voyage
Question iLiad and Linksys WAG routers

I can't get my iLiad to work wirelessly with my Linksys WAG354G router. I tried at my bestfriend's, who also owns a Linksys WAG router, and it doesn't work either.
At my parents', with a Netgear router, it works perfectly.
This doesn't come from encryption.

Any of you has a linksys WAG router ?
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:34 AM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I don't remember the model number off the top of my head, but I've got a linksys wireless G router at home and my iLiad works fine with it. Make sure that you're not blocking by MAC addresses on the router, that's tripped a few people up before (some people turned that on in the past and then forgot about it).

If you do want to block by MAC address, the one printed on the back of your iLiad is NOT the right one to use. That's the MAC of the wired interface. The wireless interface will have a different address. That's also caused some confusion in the past. You need to turn off MAC filtering, and then connect your iLiad and lookup on the router to see what address it's using. Then add that address to your filter list and turn the MAC filtering back on.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
Vanessa
French newbie
Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: iLiad v2, Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Voyage
Thanks ! MAC filtering is off, I double-checked that. And I knew about the MAC address not being the one on the back, but that's good that you pointed it out, in case people have the same problem !

Went back to my parents' today, again, iLiad connected perfectly to the wireless network (WEP protected).
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
linksys