Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
Leasholm
Leasholm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paper white
Kindle Paper white

I am considering buying a Kindle Paper white, an upgrade from the Kindle 3 that I have had for a couple of years. Last week i bought a Kobo Glo but had sever problems with it freezing and blank books when transferring books saved on my hard drive via Calibre. I went through 3 Kobo's and experienced this problem each time. I am a bit nearvous of having a similar experience with the paper white, has anybody else had this trouble? The Kindle 3 worked OK so I am at a loss to know why there was such a problem.
Leasholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Kindle PaperWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasholm View Post
I am considering buying a Kindle Paper white, an upgrade from the Kindle 3 that I have had for a couple of years. Last week i bought a Kobo Glo but had sever problems with it freezing and blank books when transferring books saved on my hard drive via Calibre. I went through 3 Kobo's and experienced this problem each time. I am a bit nearvous of having a similar experience with the paper white, has anybody else had this trouble? The Kindle 3 worked OK so I am at a loss to know why there was such a problem.
Got mine on January 2nd, no problems at all so far.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Paperwhite works fine with Calibre.

Kobo is known for their buggy software.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Paperwhite+Calibre+plugboards=perfection!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I've had no problems with my Paperwhite (aside from when the battery had drained too low once) since I got it after the WInter contest. The touch screen does take a little getting used to but I like it.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
The Paperwhite is my first touch screen device and I like it very much. I've had the Kindle DX, Kindle Keyboard, and Kindle Basic and now I have my favorite, the Paperwhite. Everyone I know with a Paperwhite has just gotten one and found it to be fine. One fellow claimed he'd gotten five defective Paperwhites in two weeks. color me skeptical.

I not only like my Paperwhite but I like the Amazon Kindle Cover for the Paperwhite. It's great, in my opinion.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote