Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
conanfan
Me Lurk Here Long Time
conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis; PW1+3g; Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro; KF HDX 7;
Preowned PRS-350 for $34.23 (+tax), Kindle 4 (nt +so) for $44.23 (+tax)

OK, I feel like a total shill for cowboom, but their ereader prices are getting ridiculous. The PRS-350 (which I personally love as an ereader) is down to $29.99 + $5.24 shipping + tax in most.

If you prefer the Amazon's ecosphere, then they have the Kindle 4 (non-touch screen w/special offers) for $39.99 + $5.24 shipping + tax in most (I know there have been some better deals for new ones recently with the Amazon Visa).

Again, these are pre-owned product from Best Buy (which could be display models or returns), so check the product grade (I saw some "7"s in the PRS-350 stock, which means they are free from obvious scuffs or scratches). In any event, they should be fully functional and are backed by a thirty-day easy return policy.
conanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
GoneNova
Enthusiast
GoneNova is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 4,Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One, Libra2
Thank you. Managed to get a "7." Love my 350 and it's still running fine. Any ideas on how to store the one I just bought after I make sure it's working? I bought it so I'd have a backup device. Should I have it fully or partially charged before I shut it down and put it away?
GoneNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
nesler
Zealot
nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nesler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to list
Fully charge it, and do so every two or three months.
nesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
GoneNova
Enthusiast
GoneNova is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 4,Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One, Libra2
Thanks, nesler. Will do.
GoneNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
FourGold
Opinionated
FourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enoughFourGold will become famous soon enough

Device: Pixel 7,Kindle Oasis,Fire 8
Thank you so much for pointing this sale out ! Mine came yesterday ; it's in perfect condition and I love it so much. Plus it's now selling for $59.99! (which is still a great price)
Anyway, karma to you !
FourGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2012, 10:53 PM   #6
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourGold View Post
Thank you so much for pointing this sale out ! Mine came yesterday ; it's in perfect condition and I love it so much. Plus it's now selling for $59.99! (which is still a great price)
Anyway, karma to you !
Ditto, except only virtual karma today, because my last karma went to conanfan already. Mine had a condition of "7" (thanks, conanfan, for alerting us to look at that too), and looks perfect.

Updated Sony firmware (upon alert when I plugged it into the PC), then installed PRS+, then an easy drag-and-drop of fonts and CSS downloaded from Analagous's site (already gave him karma for that site long ago).
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
conanfan
Me Lurk Here Long Time
conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.conanfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis; PW1+3g; Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Pro; KF HDX 7;
I'm glad this worked out for folks, and thanks for all the karma!
conanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 4 nt, sony prs-350