Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
kenjennings
Edge User

This should be ready in just a few years ;-) for eDGe Model 4.0

An eInk-like display that is truly bistable (a static image remains when power is removed), and has modes for partial refresh without corrupting adjacent parts of the screen, and for higher speed updates adequate for video.

Technology Review: Cheap E-Paper Displays Coming to a Store Near You

The demonstration unit looks like it may be only two-color (black/white), but the Nemoptic web site indicates there are prototype versions in greyscale, and color (which may not have the same capabilities as shown in this demonstration.)

Last edited by kenjennings; 07-13-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
MichaelV
Edge User

I am using a pixel qi acer one now. Sorry but it may kill colour e-ink. i like black and white eink on my edge, but colour the future is pixel qi.

Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
emen
Edge User

Could you please tell us does the Pixel Di screen causes eye strain, and is it more or less comfortable for reading then e-ink screens?

Old 07-14-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
fgruber
Edge User

So you got the pixel qi kit already? What is the improvement in battery life by using the grayscale mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelV View Post
I am using a pixel qi acer one now. Sorry but it may kill colour e-ink. i like black and white eink on my edge, but colour the future is pixel qi.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
MichaelV
Edge User

I have an extended battery for 8 hrs (big brick) it went to 12 hrs of email, office stuff use. Seems ok to eyes. I still prefer my nook or edge for reading books, I think is the black and white I like, also not comfortable reading from an laptop, but ideal for work from my garden (or beach). I think the ideal dual screen device will be an android device, very slim, 2 screens one side e-ink the other pixel qi, but quarter of the tickness of the edge, more likely likely the thickness of 2 nooks. edge is far too heavy now.

Advert