Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
peterhey
peterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the husk

Device: touch
KT wakes up automatically at least once a day.

Haphazardly I noticed KT wakes up by self always at 09:15 UTC. State: ready to suspend. Duration: about 1,5min. Then it returns to suspend mode.
It yields some opportunities.
I don't known how it looks in other model.
peterhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhey View Post
Haphazardly I noticed KT wakes up by self always at 09:15 UTC. State: ready to suspend. Duration: about 1,5min. Then it returns to suspend mode.
It yields some opportunities.
I don't known how it looks in other model.
Not without some outside influence.

What is the state of the device ?

Airplane mode on/off ?
Wifi on/off ?
3G on/off ?
USB cable connected? What to? charger / PC ?
If charger, what is it being powered by?

Other user made changes / modifications / firmware packages added?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
peterhey
peterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the huskpeterhey can grip it by the husk

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Not without some outside influence.

What is the state of the device ?

Airplane mode on/off ?
Wifi on/off ?
3G on/off ?
USB cable connected? What to? charger / PC ?
If charger, what is it being powered by?

Other user made changes / modifications / firmware packages added?
KT 5 1.2
State: it behaves the same to 'Redy to suspend'. Screensaver is still on. I'll check the status next time.
Airplane mode - I don't known
Wifi off
3G none
Not connected, without charging.

I guess it's because autotime sync is on. I wrote simple script ('./mp') which saves date and 'ps aux' to file - in attachment.

Launched the script './mp' from kterm and then turned the device off by pressing power button (at 00:37GMT).

From file:

07:37 GMT udevd --deamon
08:15 GMT [zforce_wq]
08:15 GMT wifid -f

At 10:26GMT I turned on device by pressing power button.

Netstat nothing shows.
Attached Files
File Type: txt psaux.txt (587.4 KB, 120 views)
Old 12-21-2013, 05:07 AM   #4
peterhey

ok, I found it.

From message log, reason: "cvm[1751]: I DailyScreensaverAdRotationController:FilterTodoReq uest"

After finished, "rtcWakeup" is set with new value.
"powerd[1246]: I def:rtcset:delay=86351:Setting RTC wakeup to 86351s after suspend"

So, we can enable device ever want. But "rtcWakeup" must be set in "Ready to suspend" mode.

Checked and works.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Right - the thing you did not mention:
This is an Ad supported (Special Offers) Kindle.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #6
peterhey

Yes, it takes matter when it's remember.