Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-23-2020, 05:36 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I don't think he was talking about converting Sigil's user word lists. I don't think that would even be possible. I believe he was talking about using the conversion utility to convert custom hunspell dictionaries.
The "…their custom…" led me astray

Quote:
Custom user spell-check word lists for PageEdit aren't currently on the radar. Not that I know of anyway.
Not on your radar maybe but, ↓↓↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
@BetterRed

It's possible to permanently add a user dictionary to a .bdic file during conversion. If qwebengine_convert_dict finds a file with a .dic_delta extension in the same location as the .dic file, it'll automatically add the words to the main dictionary. (Ideally, .dic_delta entries should also have morphology codes, but simple word lists will also work.)

For example, if you convert en_US.dic to en_US.bdic and en_US.dic_delta contains the following entries:

Code:
BetterRed
chillax
PageEdit will offer "BetterRed" and "chillax" as spelling suggestions. (It'd be relatively easy to write a script for adding a user dictionary to a .bdic file during conversion with qwebengine_convert_dict.)
- but don't do anything on my behalf. I was merely passing on anticipatory observations.

If PageEdit or one of the epub editors 'spots' a spelling mistake that needs fixing I do it in the originating DOCX not the ePub. Word is still my primary spell checker, despite its even clumsier than it used to be UI :lol:

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:47 PM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Happy to let users create their own deltas to add to existing hunspell dictionaries if they so choose. PageEdit will load and use any valid dictionary in the correct format. We have no plans to help them do so. PageEdit's feature set is just about as mature as it's likely going to get.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2020, 04:06 PM   #18
brent63
Zealot
brent63 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab E nook
Quote:
@BetterRed

It's possible to permanently add a user dictionary to a .bdic file during conversion. If qwebengine_convert_dict finds a file with a .dic_delta extension in the same location as the .dic file, it'll automatically add the words to the main dictionary. (Ideally, .dic_delta entries should also have morphology codes, but simple word lists will also work.)

For example, if you convert en_US.dic to en_US.bdic and en_US.dic_delta contains the following entries:

Code:
BetterRed
chillax
PageEdit will offer "BetterRed" and "chillax" as spelling suggestions. (It'd be relatively easy to write a script for adding a user dictionary to a .bdic file during conversion with qwebengine_convert_dict.)
I for one would surely like to have my Sigil and PageEdit dictionaries match. If it only requires the developers to add a single file, I would for Doitsu instructions on how to get both the standard dictionary and my custom word dictionary into PageEdit.

I'm a Windows 10 user that uses OO to do most of my typing and corrections. I have the Language tool addon which I find works very well for me. I use PageEdit for minor additions as I hate to keep hitting the control-7 keys for each new paragraph in Sigil. From OO I either cut&paste into PageEdit if my changes are small, or if it multiple pages I save the OO file as html and add it as a new text file in Sigil. After all typing a edits I thanks to Doitsu run the Language Tool add-on in Sigil.

So again it would be nice to have both PageEdit and Sigil share the same dictionaries.

Thanks

Brent
brent63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 02:14 AM   #19
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent63 View Post
I for one would surely like to have my Sigil and PageEdit dictionaries match. If it only requires the developers to add a single file, I would for Doitsu instructions on how to get both the standard dictionary and my custom word dictionary into PageEdit.
The conversion with qwebengine_convert_dict is actually quite simple, the problem is that there's no official download location for qwebengine_convert_dict Windows binaries. I.e., I'd have to manually build it for Windows users.
I could cobble up a simple script or plugin that adds your user dictionary to a .bdic version of your .dic file.
What's your operating system?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 08:46 AM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
If it helps, the Qt used to build PageEdit/Sigil is always available as an asset here. That URL can be found in the Sigil Windows build documentation as well.

5.12.9 is the latest. It's just a 7-zip archive (a little over 100MB), so there's no need to download/install the official Qt just to get the convert tool. Just unzip it and grab the converter out of the bin directory.

I'll try my best to add the tool to the next Windows PageEdit release (in an "accessories" folder or something) so it's more readily available.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2020, 08:51 AM   #21
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
If it helps, the Qt used to build PageEdit/Sigil is always available as an asset here. That URL can be found in the Sigil Windows build documentation as well.

5.12.9 is the latest. It's just a 7-zip archive (a little over 100MB), so there's no need to download/install the official Qt just to get the convert tool. Just unzip it and grab the converter out of the bin directory.

I'll try my best to add the tool to the next Windows PageEdit release (in an "accessories" folder or something) so it's more readily available.
Yes adding an accessories bin folder with this is a good idea. I will look into where that would best be placed in the macOS side as well.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 05:01 PM   #22
brent63
Zealot

Quote:
The conversion with qwebengine_convert_dict is actually quite simple, the problem is that there's no official download location for qwebengine_convert_dict Windows binaries. I.e., I'd have to manually build it for Windows users.
I could cobble up a simple script or plugin that adds your user dictionary to a .bdic version of your .dic file.
What's your operating system?
Thanks that would be nice, but I think you should add it as another add-on like your LT tools. I am a Windows 10 home, 64 bit; 10.1.18363.

Brent
Old 07-25-2020, 05:09 PM   #23
brent63
Zealot

DiapDealer & KevinH

I understand sometimes a little to much consumer customization can go the wrong way... I was an Autocad user from ver. 11 and I modified the hell out of it which always made it fun when I got an upgrade on software or PC as I had to reload and re-path plotters and settings to the company standards I had put in place on our companies network drives. So thank you listening to a humble user.

Brent

PS Just downloaded ver 1.3 of both and will be installing after i post this.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:32 PM   #24
brent63
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent63 View Post
Thanks that would be nice, but I think you should add it as another add-on like your LT tools. I am a Windows 10 home, 64 bit; 10.1.18363.

Brent
Doitsu

One last thing, Last night I switched from OpenOffice to LibreOffice. Still don't like the icons as they look like they were created by a third grader using crayons; but I will get used to it.

Brent