Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-30-2020, 08:22 AM   #61
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
In good news:
The ghosting of popup menus is gone on the H2O original and Libra. You'd nearly think it wasn't eink or the same HW, the screen driving is so much better.
I have set to refresh on every page. It's never been an objectionable flash and less obtrusive than over fancy page turn animations I've had to turn off on many Android apps.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:51 AM   #62
HolyAura
Groupie
HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HolyAura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Same here.

I did notice there was lesser ghosting and thus lesser need to set to refresh page every page.
HolyAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2020, 11:56 AM   #63
cine1952
cine1952 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2, Kobo Aura HD, Nexus 7 (2013), Kobo Aura One
Thanks for your input David. I sent you a PM with the content of the debug log.
cine1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:45 AM   #64
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I continue to have WiFi issues with my Aura HD.

My home network is constantly being ignored and when I try and connect, the password prompt comes up and then can't connect.

I reboot the device and sometimes, not every time, it will let me input the password and it will connect. However, it never seems to stick for long.

Any thoughts?
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:02 PM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
I continue to have WiFi issues with my Aura HD.

My home network is constantly being ignored and when I try and connect, the password prompt comes up and then can't connect.

I reboot the device and sometimes, not every time, it will let me input the password and it will connect. However, it never seems to stick for long.

Any thoughts?
If you have it setup where you have the same SSID/password for both 2.4 and 5, separate them so you have 2.4 and 5 on different SSIDs.

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-01-2020 at 10:19 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2020, 03:01 PM   #66
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember the Kobo will not even see the 5ghz

Maybe you actually mean different SSIDs for each frequency?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:16 PM   #67
omro
Addict
omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
It's a 2.4GHz network broadcasting n and g.

The Kobo can see it. It has connected to it. It has reconnected to it automatically.

It just frequently forgets it and frequently requires me to reenter the password and frequently decides it then cannot connect.
omro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:08 AM   #68
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by omro View Post
It's a 2.4GHz network broadcasting n and g.

The Kobo can see it. It has connected to it. It has reconnected to it automatically.

It just frequently forgets it and frequently requires me to reenter the password and frequently decides it then cannot connect.
I still frequently have the issue that I tell the Kobo to sync and it doesn't see any networks at all - not mine, not my neighbors' networks (apartment building). Occasionally it sees the networks but wants me to log in.

Usually if I back out to the main menu and try again it works on the next try, though once I had to restart the reader to get it to work.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:19 AM   #69
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Remember the Kobo will not even see the 5ghz

Maybe you actually mean different SSIDs for each frequency?
Yes, I do mean different SSIDs Thanks for catching my mistake.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:33 AM   #70
johnson_chung
johnson_chung began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
My Aura upgraded to the newest firmware, but the WIFI can't connect to internet. Who can help me?
johnson_chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:09 AM   #71
dmnhieu
dmnhieu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson_chung View Post
My Aura upgraded to the newest firmware, but the WIFI can't connect to internet. Who can help me?
It happened on my Aura one too. I have to backup the reader and do a factory reset and the wifi not connecting problem went away.
dmnhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 06:49 AM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnhieu View Post
It happened on my Aura one too. I have to backup the reader and do a factory reset and the wifi not connecting problem went away.
What version firmware are you using now? Personally, I'd never know if the WiFi was working or not as I don't turn it on.
Old 04-10-2020, 09:16 PM   #73
dmnhieu
dmnhieu began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What version firmware are you using now? Personally, I'd never know if the WiFi was working or not as I don't turn it on.
Obviously 4.20.14622 for which this thread is devoted to.
dmnhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 10:40 PM   #74
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
I love it when the firmware gets updated. I feel that I'm getting a newer and improved Kobo reader.
Yeah, it always feels like you're getting something fresh and new.

Although in this case, it really is a nice improvement. epub highlighting seems much improved compared to the last firmware I was using (4.19.something), and they moved some menus to the top of the screen where it makes more sense instead of having you tap at the top only for a menu to appear at the bottom.

Last edited by the.Mtn.Man; 04-11-2020 at 12:22 PM.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 04:47 AM   #75
johnson_chung
johnson_chung began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini
I want to know which version of Koreader can work well with the latest Firmware ver4.20.1622. Thanks.
johnson_chung is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware