Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-13-2020, 08:50 AM   #1
greentea
greentea began at the beginning.

Device: none
Standalone bookshelf widget

I use Moon+ Reader and I'm perfectly happy with it, but its widget plain sucks. Is there standalone widget app (even wihout book progress), that would let me use my preferred reader? I searched the internet up and down, but no luck. My idea pictured below.

Last edited by greentea; 03-13-2020 at 09:01 AM.
greentea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 09:14 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Look into Calibre Companion.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2020, 09:41 AM   #3
greentea

According to my understanding Calibre Companion needs to fetch the books and metadata from PC/cloud in order to work. All my books are already stored in device's memory (loaded from SD card) and the reader never connects to WiFi, so no luck there..

Last edited by greentea; 03-13-2020 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:02 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Look into Calibre Companion.
CC widget no longer works, for recent android . [ 9+ maybe ? ]

surely a file explorer app with thumbnails/icons option , is all you need
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 10:13 AM   #5
greentea

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
surely a file explorer app with thumbnails/icons option , is all you need
None of the ones I tried can extract EPUB/MOBI cover, let alone present it in bookshelf-like fashion. The widget is intended for 7.8" ereader home screen.

Last edited by greentea; 03-13-2020 at 10:24 AM.
Advert
Old 03-13-2020, 10:29 AM   #6
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by greentea View Post
None of the ones I tried can extract EPUB/MOBI cover, let alone present it in bookshelf-like fashion. The widget is intended for 7.8" ereader home screen.
moon reader does do that... sort of
if I go to the my files tab, initilalyI only see generic icons, but once a book has been opened, they get replaced with proper miniature cover pics

so maybe you can trick it into a bulk refresh with some sort of open all, then use the fiels tab instead of a widget

or more simply, what happens if you tell moon to add all your local books' folders to its " my Shelf", i would expect cover pics to appear on the shelves, even for unopened books, and there's definitely a bulk auto-add process that you can trigger from preferences
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 12:47 PM   #7
lostcowboy
lostcowboy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
So just in case you missed it, Moon+ reader can be set to show how much you have read on the book cover. tap the three bars on the bookshelf, then at the bottom tap options.

It looks like your picture is from the bookshelf plugin for FBReader, but it only works with FBReader. It is included in the pro version also.
lostcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote