Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-25-2020, 06:50 PM   #121
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by szaboandras82 View Post
Hello everyone,
I have firmware 4.20 on a Kobo Touch n905. I would like to install Hungarian translated user interface because my mother doesn't speak/understand English.
Is the file in the first post going to be good for my firmware?
Or if not, where can I find one that will work?
I don't have any Linux-based machine and/or the knowledge to translate on my own.
It probably won't harm to try it. The problem will be it won't have everything translated, and it will have translations that are no longer used. At the worst, you will need to do a factory reset to recover.

What I do when testing something like this is to take a full copy of the book partition before starting. Then do whatever I want to test. If it fails, then I do a factory reset, get back to the desired firmware and then restore all the files I backup. That gets me back to where I was without losing anything.

As to doing it yourself, the hard part is the actual translating. The rest is easy. For the tools mentioned, there should be Windows or Mac versions available. And the community here is very helpful. Someone is sure to be able to generate the initial .ts file and convert the translated file back to the needed format. If you are interested, and no-one pops up earlier, I'll look at it over the weekend.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:09 AM   #122
Maida
Enthusiast
Maida began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo HD
I wonder if it possible to add the Romanian language as well, particularly for a Romanian dictionary _ro instead of cheating with the available languages.
Maida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 08:01 AM   #123
szaboandras82
szaboandras82 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Thank you for the help. My mother's birthday is next week.
Maybe I'll look into this myself, too, but for me, it is much easier to rebuild and tune a V8/V12 engine for more horsepower rather than playing with Python scripts.
szaboandras82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 01:34 PM   #124
Avimaker
Avimaker began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Clara HD
Hello all,
I see that there is no activity since more than 2 years.
Is there some one who can help me to translate KOBO interface to Bulgarian language?
I tried to extract form nickel but my knowledge on python are zero.
Can someone put some information what I exactly have to write. Because this help for man who hear for python for the firs time are scary
3- Execute python bin2qm.py to create all .qm files (one for each language)
4- Edit qm2ts.py and write the name of the .qm file you want to convert to .ts file (bottom of code).
5- Execute python qm2ts.py to create the .ts file

Or if someone can extract from new releases this text file to translate I will appreciate this and will try to translate by myself. Than of course I will ask again to help for generation the file to implement to my kobo. I have forma and Clara hd.
Avimaker is offline   Reply With Quote