Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #76
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
As explained many times already, that does not matter. Surrounding the screen is completely different from takings space away from the screen. As stated with 100% clarity in my previous post, bezels do not matter.
I never said real estate and design aesthetics were the same thing.

As far as bezels not mattering (from a design perspective), I completely totally 1000% disagree with you.

Quote:
There will be 100%, radical, total difference.
Another point where we will just have to agree to disagree. If you had a white or silver colored device, I can see your point. But not with a totally black device.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #77
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
I completely totally 1000% disagree with you.
No problem. What else is new?

Quote:
If you had a white or silver colored device, I can see your point. But not with a totally black device.
The colour of the bezels is irrelevant for me. Taking away from the active screen available for displaying the content of books, does matter.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #78
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

The colour of the bezels is irrelevant for me. Taking away from the active screen available for displaying the content of books, does matter.
You didn't just complain about the real estate. You complained about the "fat ugly black bars" ... and when you have immersion, you will have "fat" (though thinner) "ugly black" bars at the top and bottom from the frame of your device.

From a design perspective, little difference, IMO.

--Pat
Old 11-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #79
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs down

Quote:
You complained about the "fat ugly black bars"

Yes, and they are fat and ugly because they intrude on the screen. If they were pink, green, or brown, that wouldn't make them any less ugly. Therefore, the colour of bezels is 100% irrelevant.

Will you give it a rest at long last?
Old 11-19-2013, 01:31 PM   #80
PatNY
Zennist

Quote:
Yes, and they are fat and ugly because they intrude on the screen. If they were pink, green, or brown, that wouldn't make them any less ugly. Therefore, the colour of bezels is 100% irrelevant.

Will you give it a rest at long last?
So let me get this straight ... from a pure aesthetic point of view, the black software bars are no problem to you. You're talking solely about real estate? Right?

Maybe you should give it a rest!

--Pat
Advert
Old 11-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #81
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Quote:
So let me get this straight ... from a pure aesthetic point of view, the black software bars are no problem to you. You're talking solely about real estate? Right?

Wrong. They are fat and ugly and not needed to be permanently displayed on the screen when reading books, because they essentially invalidate Moon+'s full-screen mode and disturb the layout theme selected by the user. Their colour is irrelevant.

Everything in this regard has been explained and rehashed approximately 50 times by now. Please move along.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #82
PatNY
Zennist

Quote:
Wrong. They are fat and ugly and not needed to be permanently displayed on the screen when reading books, because they essentially invalidate Moon+'s full-screen mode and disturb the layout theme selected by the user. Their colour is irrelevant.
Well, you are totally contradictory then.
Quote:
Everything in this regard has been explained and rehashed approximately 50 times by now. Please move along.
So then why the need to keep repeating yourself? No one is stopping you from moving along.

--Pat

Last edited by PatNY; 11-19-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #83
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Personally, I actually prefer to have the notification bar there when I'm reading on my Nexus 7.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #84
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Quote:
you are totally contradictory then.
100% consistent throughout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Personally, I actually prefer to have the notification bar there when I'm reading on my Nexus 7.
No problem; every user is different. I wouldn't call it a "notification bar" myself; it notifies me of nothing, and it only contains the 3 Android buttons that do not need to be displayed permanently for me, while they are disrupting Moon+'s full screen mode and the selected colour theme.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #85
PatNY
Zennist

Quote:

Maybe the problem is that you often write what you don't mean and vice versa. I will know better next time than to take your words at face value.

--Pat
Old 11-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #86
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

No, my words on this matter have been clear and 100% consistent throughout. Your misinterpretations of clear statements are your own responsibility.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #87
PatNY
Zennist

Quote:
No, my words on this matter have been clear and 100% consistent throughout. Your misinterpretations of clear statements are your own responsibility.
Others can decide that for themselves.

Don't worry. I understand English may not be your native language so I completely understand your lapses.

--Pat
Old 11-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #88
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #89
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:

No problem; every user is different. I wouldn't call it a "notification bar" myself; it notifies me of nothing, and it only contains the 3 Android buttons that do not need to be displayed permanently for me, while they are disrupting Moon+'s full screen mode and the selected colour theme.
The notification bar is the one at the top, as opposed to the bottom bar, called navigation bar.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #90
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
The notification bar is the one at the top, as opposed to the bottom bar, called navigation bar.
In which case I meant the navigation bar. Sorry for my imprecise terminology.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote