Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-05-2019, 11:33 PM   #1
Zero_Ego
Zero_Ego began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi (N647), Mini
Kobo Mini Battery Replacement

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can source a new battery for my Kobo Mini.

I believe they are a Lithium Ion Polymer 3.7V battery, however I don't know what size or mAh capacity. (Obviously the greater mAh the better)

Thanks in advance.
Zero_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:41 PM   #2
Zero_Ego

I don't know what physical size or mAh capacity to look for.
Advert
Old 06-06-2019, 05:10 AM   #3
ReaLx3m
Groupie
ReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beautyReaLx3m does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura One, Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Not sure what the size is the mini one, but battery models as those are named by dimensions.
As example 2.5mm thick, 50mm wide, 85mm long battery would be named 255085. So measure yours and look for the coresponding one on ali or ebay.
ReaLx3m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:42 AM   #4
Zero_Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaLx3m View Post
Not sure what the size is the mini one, but battery models as those are named by dimensions.
As example 2.5mm thick, 50mm wide, 85mm long battery would be named 255085. So measure yours and look for the coresponding one on ali or ebay.

Very helpful.

Thanks
Old 06-06-2019, 09:48 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Use Google and type in 'kobo mini battery replacement'.

Google is your Good Buddy.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2019, 11:30 AM   #6
Zero_Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Use Google and type in 'kobo mini battery replacement'.

Google is your Good Buddy.

It's not even the slightest bit funny.....well, I am amused.

I swear, I searched gOOgle high and low and found nothing. I see your 'kobo mini battery replacement' suggestion and think, what the heck, so I cut and paste it and bingo! Up pops a Russian site with ALL the how to's.

Dr Drib, you're a GG. (Google Guru)

Steve
Old 06-07-2019, 11:36 AM   #7
Zero_Ego

For anyone who is looking here is the URL.

https://e-ink-reader.ru/battery_info_en.php?dev_id=80
Old 06-08-2019, 10:12 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Ego View Post
It's not even the slightest bit funny.....well, I am amused.

I swear, I searched gOOgle high and low and found nothing. I see your 'kobo mini battery replacement' suggestion and think, what the heck, so I cut and paste it and bingo! Up pops a Russian site with ALL the how to's.

Dr Drib, you're a GG. (Google Guru)

Steve

I've been called worse, but those are by individuals I don't respect.

Glad to be of help!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 06:06 PM   #9
Zero_Ego

This might help someone else.

My Kobo Mini was having charging issues. The battery percentage would jump dramatically in both charge and discharges. Other times it would settle, but mostly, I could never maintain a good steady charge. You could not monitor a reasonable linear discharging (Or charge) rate.

My first thought was to change the battery. However, first to make sure I wasn't software related, I flashed the FW onto a new 32GB (uSD).

**But I also re-seated the battery terminal, where it connects to the MB.**

I now have a perfectly stable unit.

I strongly suspect that it was electrolysis on the battery terminals causing the problem. This would explain why percentage display was jumping like crazy. (Simply a bad connection)

Check it out, it just may save you a new battery.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by Zero_Ego; 06-10-2019 at 07:11 AM.