Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 06:31 PM   #1
KPHarg
KPHarg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, iPad (iBooks)
Feature request - have tags set background colour of row

I am finding when I use the meta data lookup the tags are populated with allot of good stuff. However I would like to see the ability to effect the front default listing of books by the tags they contain.

For example if I set a 'Fiction' tag I could set that to change the background colour of the row. Then at a glance the all those tagged as such would stand out.

Other thoughts would be to assign icons to a tag so the tags column would be able to show more than one tag in a useful manner.
KPHarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Feature requests should be made as tickets, forum posts tend to get lost.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 12:01 AM   #3
KPHarg

Done. #4306

I thought creating some discussion here first might flesh out the idea more.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:42 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sure discuss, away, I just need the ticket so that when I'm reviewing the enxt set of changes to make to the GUI, I remember this idea.

Personally, I think having a lot of colors would make the list a bit of an eyesore. I prefe to just select thetags I'm interested in the Tag browser
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:33 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Also use if you used colors how would you handle the (common) case of multiple tags set on a book?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 12:44 AM   #6
KPHarg

I agree many tags is common. That is the problem. If the book has 37 tags but I would like to know at a glance the fiction vs non-fiction I could set the one colour to trigger on the fiction tag, another colour on the non-fiction tag. Perhaps the trigger could be made of a set of tags.