Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
Jerboa
Jerboa began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
French translations for US market

Hi. I hope this is the right place for this question.

I just bought my first ereader, the Sony PRS-300. I would like to find books in languages other than English though. Specifically English bestsellers that have been translated into French(Dan Brown, Ludlam, Grissom, etc.). Does anyone have a suggestion where to look that is usable from the US market?
Jerboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
Pier
Enthusiast
Pier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of light

Device: sony ereader PRS700
Hi, welcome to the ereader community For French books from well-known English-speaking authors I suggest you try http://www.ebooks-gratuit.com/ I found quite a few good ones there.
Pier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2009, 03:11 AM   #3
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Hello, and welcome! Congratulations on your new Reader.

For French books, you can try the classic fnac.com or Numilog. Project Gutemberg has a number of them, and the same goes for ManyBooks and I believe also FeedBooks.

For more, there's this link in the French section of this forum.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:31 AM   #4
Jerboa
Jerboa began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Thank you! That is exactly what I'm looking for.
Jerboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:33 AM   #5
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerboa View Post
Thank you! That is exactly what I'm looking for.
Glad of having been helpful
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #6
Shiren
Connoisseur
Shiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505/iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pier View Post
Hi, welcome to the ereader community For French books from well-known English-speaking authors I suggest you try http://www.ebooks-gratuit.com/ I found quite a few good ones there.
This site seems to be distributing copyrighted translations illegally. Maybe you were referring to www.ebooksgratuits.com, an entirely different site that legally offers public domain ebooks (like project gutenberg).

Last edited by Shiren; 09-25-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Shiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:33 PM   #7
Pier
Enthusiast
Pier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of light

Device: sony ereader PRS700
Sorry about that, I wrote the url from memory (old age will do this to you)!
Pier is offline   Reply With Quote