Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-18-2019, 11:20 PM   #1
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Another Crook Bites the Dust

Our son recently finished renovating their house and a month or so ago installed the security video cameras - he had installed the motion detecting security lights and security system earlier.

About 10 days ago the cameras picked up a guy with a backpack coming up the drive during the night and started peering into the two cars parked outside the garage. All of a sudden the security lights switched on and the intruder ducked down into the shadows behind a car, waited a while then slowly stood up to look around and then walked quickly away down the drive to the street. When he had stood up and looked around a camera got fully lit portrait view of him and his distinctive clothing (lots of logos on it and his cap).

While the intruder had not done anything apart from behaving suspiciously the police were very interested as they had been trying to track down a crook performing a series of burglaries in the area. On the basis of the video they have today advised that they were able to identify a suspect, and link him to and charge him with a series of burglaries.

So, the main point, motion detecting security lights seem to work and insurers and police here recommend them. One can see why from the video as the intruder gets a real shock when the lights came on and was then focused on making sure there was no one around to see him, then just getting out of the place as quickly as possible.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:54 AM   #2
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Security lights and surveillance cameras do help. In my town there are quite a few what I call scavenger thieves who will walk down dark streets at night trying out the door handles on all the cars parked along the street. Occasionally they will find an unlocked door and then they quickly grab anything of interest and push it down into their backpack. From what I understand, this kind of burglar usually strikes with 2 or 3 blocks of where s/he lives. I guess they are too lazy to walk farther, not to mention too lazy to get a legitimate job! And they often wear a backpack and often wear a hoodie type of jacket, even in warm weather. They catch a lot of them, but since most or minors they just get a slap on the wrist and returned to the streets within hours. This type of burglary seems to be more common around the two low rent apartment complexes on the southside of town and in a couple of housing neighborhoods that are mostly rental properties. We never have that in my neighborhood, but I have the place lit up pretty well and I have surveillance cameras and I made sure to place the cameras where would be thieves can easily see they are there.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert