Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-22-2016, 12:10 PM   #1
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
possible to roll back firmware ??

I've posted a query in the main Sony thread, but thought it may be more appropriate here, including more details.

Does anyone know if it is possible to reinstall (roll back) the T3 firmware or even to force a reinstall of the latest in case it is a bug. Was there never an after-market version of the firmware?

I have a battery life problem which is not the battery, replaced with new and tested both new and original on an Imax digital charger. Both show full capacity on several charge and discharge cycles so the problem is in the reader somewhere.

The problem appeared around the time of the last firmware update, (1.1.01.17210). The battery self discharging in a couple of days even when fully, completely, shut down.

I've tried all the obvious, reformat, WiFi off / forgotten, reset, full factory reset, etc. left it battery disconnected overnight.

I see the Sony website no longer lists the T3 in the support pages, though all other earlier models are there.

Sony have been as helpful as always - i.e. Not at all.

Thanks on bended knee to anyone with a solution.

Rog
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:11 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Search MR. There is a thread on downgrading a T1. I don't know if the directions will work, but you can have a read.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert