Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Paperwhite Gestures

Hello all,

I'm not much of a coder and have no idea where to start, however would it be possible to add the Touch Gestures to the Paperwhite?
On my touch if I swipe up or down it jumps to the next chapter in that direction.
This feature is missing from my paperwhite I have to bring up the menu, select GoTo and select the chapter from the drop down.
Personally I feel this is a step backwards in functionality and would love to have it back.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Akirainblack; 11-02-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did anyone have any ideas about this?
(Sorry for the shameless bump)
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I swear you, even experienced coders here have no desire to touch that code where such a gesture should be implemented.

(OK, I should talk only for myself, so count my previous sentence as exaggerated. NOT!)

EDIT Just forgot to say why it's so. That code is obfuscated (in simpler words: mutated into unreadable form). To understand how this obfuscated code works and change it's behavior you'll need A LOT of time and patience. Or just Batman (code should be "decoded" from the form of very small chunks, just like bullet in clip).

Last edited by eureka; 11-02-2012 at 08:00 AM.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
... and interestingly enough, many people are complaining exactly about that behavior on the Touch (inadvertently swiping up or down, and then being completely lost). I guess that this is why they removed it on the PW
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:57 AM   #5
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

Ah, fair enough. I quite liked it, only once did I swipe wrongly and end up wondering what the smeg I'd done.
Advert