Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
ericp20
ericp20 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Wink Stop Automatic Code cleaning in Sigil

Hi,
Is there a way to stop the automatic code cleaning feature, I thought that unticking the "cleaning with HTML tidy" would fix it but nothing so far, thank you.
Pascal
ericp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #2
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp20 View Post
Hi,
Is there a way to stop the automatic code cleaning feature, I thought that unticking the "cleaning with HTML tidy" would fix it but nothing so far, thank you.
Pascal
As far as I can tell, that's the best you can do (I'm using version 0.3.4 on Debian linux). Just be sure tidy is turned off before you load the epub.

That said, Sigil seems to make some changes outside of Tidy.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #3
ericp20

thank you but it does not work, i tried with an old version too but bad luck, I would like to add an <audio> tag, but Sigil removes it.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:11 PM   #4
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
thank you but it does not work, i tried with an old version too but bad luck, I would like to add an <audio> tag, but Sigil removes it.
I'm operating a bit above my paygrade here, but are you sure that <audio> is a valid element of Epub 2.0.1? If not, that's why Sigil removes it. Sigil doesn't support Epub 3.0 yet, as it hasn't been adopted AFAIK
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Audio and Video tags are not not valid epub elements at this time, so Sigil removes them. To embed audio and video, you have to use a faux element and then explode the epub and regex the faux opening and closing tags with audio and video, and then repack the epub.

Bloody Apple.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Bloody Apple.

Hitch
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
ericp20

I know that

Hi, I know that audio and video are not ePub valid tags, but this is not my question, I just wanted to know how to avoid the automatic cleaning from Sigil, but obviously you don't know or there is no way to do it.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #8
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The Tidy function makes the syntax of the xhtml correct. While saving the ePub is parsed and corrected to standard. Since <audio> is not standard, it is removed to make the file compliant to the specifications. To be honest, I am glad Sigil does that because that ensures us that the resulting file should be correct.

You can always enter the tags you want to it later on manually (using epubtweak) for example. However, you have to make sure the file is correct yourself.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #9
ericp20

ok thanks

yes, I am happy to with this feature but it would have been cool to be able to stop it from time to time. I have so many audio to add not only in the xhtml files but to declare too...
Old 05-26-2011, 08:59 PM   #10
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
ericp20

With the latest version, v.0.4.0 there are now an option to manually correct a mistake, and I use this quite often. It is much easier to work with that the previous one, v.0.3.4 in which Tidy did the correction automatically - v.0.4.0 seems really to work well for standard xhtml markup. As far as I can tell, however, there is NO way to turn off Tidy completely.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:34 AM   #11
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Hi, I know that audio and video are not ePub valid tags, but this is not my question, I just wanted to know how to avoid the automatic cleaning from Sigil, but obviously you don't know or there is no way to do it.
I said,
Quote:
Audio and Video tags are not not valid epub elements at this time, so Sigil removes them. To embed audio and video, you have to use a faux element and then explode the epub and regex the faux opening and closing tags with audio and video, and then repack the epub.
Not sure what part of that you construe as "not knowing;" I clearly told you how to do it using Sigil, you have to use faux tags, explode the epub and replace them. Sorry the answer is not what you wish, but I did answer your question. We make audio and video-embedded books daily using Sigil; that's how we do it.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #12
ericp20

please Hitch

Please, don't be upset "sorry if the answer is not what you wish" ooo, is this a way of speaking?
my question was "is there a way to stop the automatic code cleaning" in Sigil , full stop, your answer is "how to add audio and video tags", sorry it was not my question, even if it is useful, this is not a reply to my question.
Now I know, that it is not possible, so thanks for the previous answer.