Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
bigbrothad
bigbrothad began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Nook replacement battery on sale Best Buy $9.95

Deal Alert:
FYI, Best Buy has a sale on the replacement battery for the classic Nook for $9.95 this week. This typically retails for $29.95. Shipping is about $4 or select pick-up instore to save a few bucks.

Search SKU 9875521 or link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Barnes+%...5521&cp=1&lp=1

It was marked on the shelf on sale for $9.95 at my local store.
bigbrothad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
This is interesting. Does anyone know about the "shelf life" of such a battery - i.e. if I buy it now (when I don't need a new battery), will it be usable in say 1 or 2 years when I do need it? I don't mean will it have a charge, I mean will it still charge and work OK?
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Oh nice, I'll have to pick one up I think.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:23 AM   #4
emt
Nameless Being

If you buy one, charge it before putting it away - Lithium batteries don't last their rated life when discharged
Old 01-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
ljepava
ljepava began at the beginning.

Device: sony
is this battery good for nook color?
ljepava is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
If you buy one, charge it before putting it away - Lithium batteries don't last their rated life when discharged
Actually, Lithium Poly batteries should be stored at around 40% charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljepava View Post
is this battery good for nook color?
Sorry but no, this is for the Classic Nook.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Does anyone know about Batteries Plus. This is a company that specializes in all things batteries. There slogan is "If it runs on batteries we got it."
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
bigbrothad
bigbrothad began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
Does anyone know about Batteries Plus. This is a company that specializes in all things batteries. There slogan is "If it runs on batteries we got it."
Shows $26.99 for a Rayovac 1500MAH battery from Batteries Plus, item # HHD10011. Not sure why anyone would purchase the aftermarket over the genuine part at a higher price but to each their own.
bigbrothad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:36 AM   #9
G J Lau
Zealot
G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
So how hard is it to replace a battery on the Nook Classic?
G J Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:08 AM   #10
gtriever
Addict
gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gtriever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Pop the back cover off, the battery cover door has one screw holding it closed. Remove cover door, and take the old battery out. Reverse to install.

Easy-peasy.
gtriever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:41 AM   #11
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Keep in mind, these batteries have a lifespan based on the date of manufacture. This means it will die in 2-3 years regardless of whether you use it or not.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:35 AM   #12
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Thanks for that piece of info chas0039. Guess I'll wait till I really need one!
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:25 PM   #13
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Glad to help. I spent a few month reading up on a website forum just devoted to batteries and chargers. It is amazing what those engineers know!
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote