Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-27-2007, 05:06 AM   #1
tomchek
tomchek began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, Nokia 770
Screen refresh

Hi folks,

I've just wrote a simple HelloWorld GTK application for my iLiad. I wonder that if I start this application on the iLiad first nothing happens. The application don't show up on the screen until I press the "Device Manager" button. Does somebody know why? What can I do that the GUI shows up on the screen once the application is started?
Thanks for your help.

tomcheck
tomchek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:38 AM   #2
kapoira
Connoisseur
kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: i62HD + T68
im not very sure myself, but i will try to help you, in examples.

I have the gqview to view manga with real Fullscreen, but i got two details to do it, that seems related to your work.

1) when i go to fullscreen it put the image in fullscreen but i know that i haven't closed the contentlistener, but i'm not seeing it(interesting)

2) if i press the devicemanager or another button like news, books...
i go to the part it's ok, but if i recall the gqview and goes another time for the fullscreen i only got the first image (i got now two gqview running)

i think that your problem it's the "priority of the gtk window" that you created
kapoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:57 AM   #3
tomchek

Thank you for your hint kapoira.

I have to figure out how to set the priority of a GTK window, then I tell you if your hint solved my problem.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:15 AM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomchek View Post
Thank you for your hint kapoira.

I have to figure out how to set the priority of a GTK window, then I tell you if your hint solved my problem.
You have to manually call a screen refresh from your application. Or, are you using the hacked libX11.so?

You can find a good tutorial for manual refreshes here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...63&postcount=4
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:48 AM   #5
tomchek

Thanks Adam, I'll try it.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:23 AM   #6
tomchek

Ok, my problem is solved. This was really easy with named tutorial. But now I'm a little bit confused because I don't find any about the included header files used in this tutorial. Do you know where to find some documentations about these files?
Old 07-27-2007, 10:35 AM   #7
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
What are you using for a development environment? Have you downloaded the SDK from iRex's site?

There's very little documentation about it online, most of it is trial and error, and manually reading the source code that's provided for us...
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #8
tomchek

Ah OK, I'm using your VMWare image from this thread. Didn't noticed that there is the iRex SDK installed of course. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks, you were a great help today.