Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
marcusgennaroz
marcusgennaroz began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Calibre and Cybook

Sorry for the dummy question: does Calibre work with the Cybook? I installed it on Mac OSX but the Cybook does not show up in the GUI. Any suggestion?

Best,
Marco
marcusgennaroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Calibre doesn't work with Cybook, only with Sony's readers.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2008, 06:34 PM   #3
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Calibre doesn't work with Cybook, only with Sony's readers.
Well, it doesn't *integrate* with the Cybook, but you should be able to mount the Cybook as a USB mass storage device and "Save to disk" files onto it.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:57 AM   #4
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Yes, but you need to have loaded in the library a format that is compatible with the Cybook.
Calibre will not convert to Mobipocket, for instance.

Or if it does, I haven't seen how during the first tests and the few searches I've done.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:03 AM   #5
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
Yes, but you need to have loaded in the library a format that is compatible with the Cybook.
Calibre will not convert to Mobipocket, for instance.

Or if it does, I haven't seen how during the first tests and the few searches I've done.
It doesn't right now, although I'm planning to tackle adding either Mobipocket or eReader generation after I finish LIT generation.
Advert
Old 12-10-2008, 11:05 AM   #6
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
It doesn't right now, although I'm planning to tackle adding either Mobipocket or eReader generation after I finish LIT generation.
That's very good news !
Thanks for that.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram View Post
I'd recommend Mobipocket, ereader markup, IIRC, is even more crippled than Mobipocket.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'd recommend Mobipocket, ereader markup, IIRC, is even more crippled than Mobipocket.
Yeah, I recently learned that eReader uses it's own, non-SGML-like markup called "PML". But other than that, the basics will be largely the same -- render XHTML+CSS into a pure-formatting markup language then cram into a Palm database. Mobipocket is definitely more popular, but contrawise that means that eReader has gotten a lot less tooling love. I'll probably take a poll :-).
Old 12-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #9
ClintBrauer
Enthusiast
ClintBrauer doesn't litterClintBrauer doesn't litterClintBrauer doesn't litter

Device: Readius
Marco - here's an FAQ for you that should work

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusgennaroz View Post
Sorry for the dummy question: does Calibre work with the Cybook? I installed it on Mac OSX but the Cybook does not show up in the GUI. Any suggestion?

Best,
Marco
====

Marco - we have an FAQ that explains how to move files onto the Bookeen device from a Mac.

Just follow the steps. No ebook purchase from CyberRead required. (obviously)

Here's the link.

Clint Brauer
General Manager
www.cyberread.com
ClintBrauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would go with Mobipocket given a choice. It's a lot more popular a format and I think more people would find it useful.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:32 AM   #11
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42

I do agree with JSWolf.
Plus I have a Cybook, so I would definitely enjoy that