Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 02:56 AM   #46
kinkle
Connoisseur
kinkle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3 3g and KT 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
I'm sorry Mike, FreeDownload does not work over 3G
I instal this http://www.downloadatoz.com/driver/a...-any-file.html on k3 with 3g but don't work to download any tipe of file.
1. It is a posibility to stop 3g and download via wifi ?

p.s.
How to see a page if it open in a new window?
kinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #47
emergency
emergency began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Great! Thank you!
emergency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:26 AM   #48
Bob biggle
Bob biggle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Unhappy Pictures

Is it at all possible to download jpg, etc files through this?
I used the right extensions in the conf file < replacing 'mp3' with 'jpg' or 'png'>
and have them directed to pictures/downloads <similar to where documents go>
i restarted but i cant get it to work... are there any additional steps im missing out?

ps it also wont download and/or unzip a zip test file i uploaded to my email acc. containing some jpgs and pngs
Bob biggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #49
kinkle
Connoisseur
kinkle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3 3g and KT 3G
Any upgrade to this hack for download any file with kindle 3g?
kinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #50
kind
kind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkle View Post
Any upgrade to this hack for download any file with kindle 3g?
I join to this question. Any upgrade and improvement to download files through webmail mail-box logged in ?
kind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #51
GKreamer
GKreamer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Please forgive the noob question, but how do I install this hack on my Kindle3?
GKreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:40 AM   #52
shanehere101
shanehere101 began at the beginning.

Thanks for the very helpful hack! I just have one question..
Is there any way to make this work with email attachments? I would love to download my attachments from hotmail or gmail right on the kindle..
shanehere101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #53
shanehere101
shanehere101 began at the beginning.

I'm unable to download any zip files-can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? I modified the conf file so it looks like this:
Quote:
# List extensions you want to have downloaded by FreeDownload
# Make sure you don't specify permitted extensions like azw or mobi, your files would be downloaded twice
ALLOWED_EXTENSIONS='pdf epub rtf zip cbz mp3 rar'

# Where should FreeDownload put your files ? The directory will be created if not present
# If / is missing at the beginning of the path, "/mnt/base-us/" (AKA user store) is prepended
DOWNLOAD_DIR=documents/Downloaded

# Where should FreeDownload put files with 'mp3' extension ? The directory will be created if not present
# You can specify own download directory for any extension in a similar way
DOWNLOAD_DIR_mp3=music

# Where should FreeDownload put files with 'aax' extension
DOWNLOAD_DIR_aax=audible

# Resume previous download if a local file with the same name exists
# Target files are overwritten if this option is disabled
RESUME_DOWNLOADS=yes

# Unzip any file with .zip extension into its own subdirectory after download
# ZIP archives containing illegal (non-utf8) file names won't be unzipped
AUTO_UNZIP=yes

# Log all downloads and errors to freedownload/freedownload.log
LOG=yes
Lines c

Last edited by shanehere101; 09-13-2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Added the quote box
shanehere101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #54
timofonic
Zealot
timofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic somethingtimofonic has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox M96+
I hate the Whispernet, it could be nice to replace the internal "3g" module with a wifi one...
timofonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:37 AM   #55
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
New version 0.4 released:
- Tried to fix CPU overload occuring in some situations
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #56
vw_bugg
vw_bugg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G/wifi
Question How to install?

I am new to the Kindle Keyboard 3g/wifi.
I consider myself an advanced user of the computer, but i can not figure out how to install this hack.

Can someone kindly point me to an install and an uninstal guide and how to access the configure file.

Thank you.
vw_bugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:22 AM   #57
naypalm
Enthusiast
naypalm began at the beginning.

Device: K3G v3.1 jb
Quote:
Originally Posted by vw_bugg View Post
I am new to the Kindle Keyboard 3g/wifi.
I consider myself an advanced user of the computer, but i can not figure out how to install this hack.

Can someone kindly point me to an install and an uninstall guide and how to access the configure file.

Thank you.
This might help you.

http://www.jeffreybian.com/1/post/20...pment-101.html

naypalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #58
RedheadTarn
RedheadTarn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3g
Is there any way to make the browser open "new Window" links in the same window? A couple of great sites have all their download links set up to open new windows which makes it useless for kindle...
RedheadTarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:40 AM   #59
mpetersen3
Enthusiast
mpetersen3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Why /mnt/base-us/ in freedownload script? Also need a little help

I had tried installing this by running install.sh directly from my kindle over ssh, it appears to place all the files, and have the correct pid files, modified the wrs.ini, made the rc.d scripts, pgrep shows that freedownload and freedownloadd are running (Also install.log shows all steps completed). However when I try to download anything over wifi it doesn't show me anything in the launchpad bar at the bottom. Looking at the debugFile that is being written to from wrs.ini shows nothing, the file exists, but cant be cat'd.

I noticed that the freedownload script is using /mnt/base-us/ instead of /mnt/us/ since I dont have a dir called /mnt/base-us/ I tried to change this, but it made my kindle freeze whenever webkit was started.

Why is it that you are using /mnt/base-us/ instead of /mnt/us/ ? Also do you have any ideas on why freedownload doesn't want to work for me?
mpetersen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:54 AM   #60
inameiname
Groupie
inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.inameiname can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
This doesn't seem to work for me. After a proper install of the 'install.bin' file and a restart it continues to pop up an error upon trying to download files.

Also, +1 for requesting an option for it or another possible hack to open new windows in the same browser. That'd work great for downloading attachments from Gmail. Of course, this feature would only work for me if I can get this hack working in the first place.
inameiname is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hacks