Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
angryvegan
angryvegan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Calibre PRS-505 errors on Win7

Hi there,

I have just upgraded Vista to Windows 7 RC. Calibre was working like a champ on Vista but is now throwing communication errors. It detecs the PRS-505 then brings up this error:

If I try to send a book I get:

The Sony Library appears to be working ok. As it happens Calibre seems to be clever enough to go ahead and copy the book to the SD card instead (nice!) but just thought you might want to know about these errors..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8-05-2009 1-40-26 p.m..png
Views:	673
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	28599   Click image for larger version

Name:	8-05-2009 1-44-27 p.m..png
Views:	686
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	28600  
angryvegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
angryvegan have you tried running Calibre as administrator? Under Win 7 sometimes things do run differently as administrator vs not. Also if Calibre still falils to work, you can try as Vista or Win XP SP3 in both admin or not modes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #3
angryvegan
angryvegan began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Quote:
angryvegan have you tried running Calibre as administrator?
You can call me Bruce

I just tried running as administrator and it works fine.. under Vista I had UAC turned off. Thanks for the tip!

Bruce
angryvegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryvegan View Post
You can call me Bruce

I just tried running as administrator and it works fine.. under Vista I had UAC turned off. Thanks for the tip!

Bruce
Happy to help. My wife is running Win 7 RC1 and we've had to do the run as administrator sometimes. So I know some of the gotchas.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #5
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryvegan View Post
You can call me Bruce

Bruce
Oh no, not another one...

Bruce
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 10:53 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Oh no, not another one...

Bruce
The only thing you can really do with UAC under Vista is turn it off. Under Windows 7 you can turn it down and still keep it on.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Great! I'm getting ready to build a Hackintosh which will triple boot between OSX, Win7, and XP (current OS) and am researching which programs might give me trouble in Win7. To keep problems to a minimum I'll be sticking with the 32 bit version.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote