Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Page break before h2 question

Do I need to add the force-page-break-before-attr <h2> in the css override box?

Basically, I've tried this before but I never could get it to break before the attribute and so far I've been adding <P style="page-break-after:always">&nbsp;</P> after each chapter in order to force a page break for the new chapter. i'd really like the heading to start on a fresh page but I'd like to not have to add <P style="page-break-after:always">&nbsp;</P> 30 times to an html document if I don't have to.

If I do use force-page-break-before-attr in the css override how exactly do I type it in as well as the <h2> tag?

I'd really appreciate any and all help on this.

thanks
Amalthia

Last edited by Amalthia; 04-17-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
to force page breaks before tags use --force-page-break-before-tag rather than --force-page-break-before-attr

Or just set --override-css to

Code:
h2 {page-break-before: always}
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2009, 03:34 AM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
to force page breaks before tags use --force-page-break-before-tag rather than --force-page-break-before-attr

Or just set --override-css to

Code:
h2 {page-break-before: always}
Okay, I'll give that a try. It sounds like it should work but if I run into any problems I'll respond back here.

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2009, 03:40 AM   #4
Amalthia
Wizard

P.S. Is this code valid?

h2 { text-align: center; page-break-before: always;}
Old 04-17-2009, 03:57 AM   #5
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
ARG! Could someone fix the <h2> in the title? The board spy is going crazy ...

@Amalthia: Yes, it should be.
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post

@Amalthia: Yes, it should be.
Will fix! and sorry about that. Not sure what board spy is...
Old 04-17-2009, 01:31 PM   #7
tirsales
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Will fix! and sorry about that. Not sure what board spy is...
this one
Old 04-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirsales View Post
i think that should do it... i see i'm not the only one who looks at the spy, tirsales.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
tirsales

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i think that should do it... i see i'm not the only one who looks at the spy, tirsales.
Wonderful
Old 04-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #10
Amalthia
Wizard

deleted to add this to it's own thread since the question I asked is similar but different enough...

Last edited by Amalthia; 04-17-2009 at 06:52 PM.