Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-15-2014, 06:32 PM   #1
ReadsWithWolves
ReadsWithWolves began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Cool Best (worst) error message, ever!

After one week with Kobo Customer Care, a painful factory reset, reloading, and a *last* attempt to get my device to work on WiFi, I just got this:

Well that's super helpful!

I'm laughing. And kind of crying.

Last edited by ReadsWithWolves; 04-15-2014 at 07:45 PM. Reason: resized image
ReadsWithWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #2
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Yeah, an error about images violating posting guidelines for size does seem like it'd be useless for helping you get on WiFi. :-)
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I got a popup out of a Microsoft application once that said : Unknown Error.

Super useful...

One of the programmers at a place I worked personalised the error messages. So from time to time, an Excel spreadsheet was embarrassed about something going wrong.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #4
ReadsWithWolves
ReadsWithWolves began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Yeah, an error about images violating posting guidelines for size does seem like it'd be useless for helping you get on WiFi. :-)
Ha, well played, sir! Will revise my post!
ReadsWithWolves is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aura, aurahd, error, kobo, wifi