Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #106
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
I tried to contact Dell to cancel my order but they just hung up on me electronically, saying that their office was now closed. I still had 40 minutes left until their posted closing time. There was no contact on their "chat to us" option. The Sony Reader is nowhere to be found on their web page and a search brings up nothing. They also bumped the shipping date to the 16th. I sent an email asking to cancel my order. I doubt they will be competent enough to actually do so but we shall see.

I also noticed that the Sony Store online is now saying that shipping date is 30 June. So, by trying Dell, I missed the window where Sony had all six readers in stock(the maximum they seemed to have shipped up here) in Canada.

What is wrong with these companies? How can you launch a product in a new country without having the product available? I am quite pissed since I had planned to get these and have my sister bring them over to me to China when she comes to visit in a few weeks. Now, due to Dell and Sony and their total incompetence, I have to scramble to see if I can find another source. I hope my brother-in-law can find a model in a retail store. Idiots.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #107
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just checked the SonyStyle US page and they have readers in stock. Guess Sony could not be bothered to get a truck and bring some stock up to Canada, but prefer to have them unavailable for two months during their introduction to Canada. Wonderful.
Advert
Old 05-12-2008, 12:53 PM   #108
jimmyche
jimmyche began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Swift View Post
I just checked the SonyStyle US page and they have readers in stock. Guess Sony could not be bothered to get a truck and bring some stock up to Canada, but prefer to have them unavailable for two months during their introduction to Canada. Wonderful.
The Canadian version actually has this note printed on the device
"This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003"

This sucks as it indicates that the Candian version is actually different from the US version.
jimmyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:48 PM   #109
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Jimmyche--

I just received my reader a few weeks ago. I'm in the U.S. and my reader has "This Class B digital apparatus complies with Canadian ICES-003" in both English and French printed on the back. I don't think that there is a different version for Canadian/US devises. I would assume that Sony is printing that on all of their newly manufactured 505's.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #110
shawn99
shawn99 began at the beginning.

My Dell Ordered arrived in my Toronto residence. Oh my how beautiful it looks in person. I'm glad I got the silver rather than the blue from the Sony Store. Now time to load some books on this thing.
shawn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #111
eva5th
eva5th began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Just got mine today from Dell, after almost 2 weeks of waiting, but really worth the wait. E-Ink screen is ready better than my iPhone screen in terms of reading
eva5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #112
Tom Swift
Addict

I gave up and canceled from Dell. My brother-in-law picked up two from Vancouver for me and he will be bringing them over to China when he comes to visit next week. I asked him to make sure they work before he brings them over and after he turned them on, he wants to buy one now.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:07 PM   #113
shawn99
shawn99 began at the beginning.

Quote:
after he turned them on, he wants to buy one now
LOL!

Funny how Sony's HQ is in Japan but won't release it in Asia?
shawn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 04:47 AM   #114
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn99 View Post
LOL!

Funny how Sony's HQ is in Japan but won't release it in Asia?
Not just Asia...not even in Japan herself!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada, prs-505, sony reader