Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
PalPam
PalPam began at the beginning.

Device: Sigil 7.2
Image question and still can't delete

Ok, I'm going down to the wire here to publish my second book. First one was a year ago, and I have to refresh my memory and deal with things that are new.

I have an IMac and I'm on Mt Lion. Previous threads I posted, asking about Delete said just to highlight it and delete like I should, but the program won't delete anything.....an html doc or an image, nada. I'm adding html chapters from PageSpinner, a little html editor that I really like if that makes any difference.

the xhtml empty doc that appear when opening Sigil will not go away. I was told after I put in other html it would, but it won't. I inadvertently put in the same photo and it won't delete one of them.

The MAIN thing for this thread is that I added my html chapters and as I did so I could see the images on the pages. Then I figured these images should be in the image folder so I went to put them in it and it asked every time "this is in the book do you want to replace it?" so I didn't understand that but figured they should be in the images folder so said 'yes' to each one.....now they aren't showing up on the pages. Please help. I'm soooo close to putting the book on Kindle. (I upgraded to 7.4 this afternoon after the previous one kept crashing when I tried to add anything) THANKS
PalPam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
The path to the images has gotten damaged somehow. Look at a reference (in HTML) to an image and see whether it is correct. Case counts so make sure they match.

To see how it should be, insert any one of these images at the end of your book and see how it is in the HTML. That can be your pattern for checking the rest. Then when you see what is going on, you can just delete it from the end of your book.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2013, 02:11 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quiet frankly I am doubting if you are close to putting it on the Kindle. It seems that you still have to find your way into Sigil...

The first file is always there when you create a new book with Sigil. If you do not want to use that empty xhtml, remove it from the book browser (right click on it). It will not be gone magically. Also, your images must be both in the images folder and must be referenced to in the html. Please ensure that the paths to the images are correct: "../Images/<imagename>".
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
PalPam

Last year I had no problems, it just went right up. I don't have a mouse the right clicks. that's probably my delete issue. how do I do it with one that doesn't have that feature? Thanks

So I put the chapter htmls up on the new document and the images could be seen on the page views on the left, so then I put the images in to image folder and each one said "this image is in the document do you want to replace it?" so it must have been reading them accurately???
Old 11-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #5
PalPam

oops!
page views on the Right, not left! Thanks for your help!
Advert
Old 11-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
PalPam

ok - for these questions, i finally found that if I highlight the html document or image and then hold down Option I think it was a little menu comes up with Delete on it and when you click on that a screen comes up to make sure you want to delete it.

On the image question, that tried and true 'secret' did the trick. I closed everything down and when I opened it the next morning the images were working fine in the document. I do my pages in another html editor, so instead of taking a chance I dumped that version and did it up again. Doesn't take too long to bring over the images and the html chapters, and I wanted the confidence. I also put the images in first if that made any difference I don't know. Thanks!

Tags
delete, images, remove xhtml