Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #46
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by markatlnk View Post
Actually I am an old command line type guy and would like to have the command line operated from the eink display and touch keyboard. I have the ssh working from wireless and it works great (thanks to all that made everything work).
I had an onscreen touchscreen keyboard written in /bin/sh working, but it used screenshots of the built-in framework keyboards, which are missing a lot of characters needed by linux, and it was just too awkward to use with the framework keyboard layouts, so I scrapped that.

I have a partially completed C touchscreen keyboard that uses a "standard" keyboard layout, so you do not need a bunch of different keyboard images. I have both an 800-wide and a 600-wide version. I have so many projects in progress -- I should get back to the touchscreen keyboard project soon, but I just figured out how to get "real-time" (smooth) video on the DX and DXG (not the current 1.5 FPS limits). I want to do that first.

I need a capable and experienced apprentice so I can extend myself to more than 20 man-hours per day.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #47
markatlnk
markatlnk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
I wish I had more time to help. But the summer is a bit packed already. I have been programming in C for 20+ years and mostly work with embedded systems. Currently teach at University of Nebraska (Electrical Engineering). I do appreciate the work you do.
markatlnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #48
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
To link the math library, use:

tccmake myprog -lm

PHP Code:
]# cat hello.c
#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h>
int main(void) {

float x=144;

printf("x=%f, sqrt(x)=%f\n",x,sqrt(x));
    return 
0;
}
]
# tccmake hello -lm
]# ./hello
x=144.000000sqrt(x)=12.000000
]
It worked for me. You just did not link in the math library with the "-lm" parameter like I showed above...

I just test hello on my kindle

/mnt/us/tcc #tccmake hello -lm
tcc:cannot find -lm
/mnt/us/tcc #tccmake hello
tcc:undefined synbol 'sqrt'

The problem is still there.
I just install tcc v1.5
the result is same.
xueyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #49
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by xueyou2 View Post
I just test hello on my kindle

/mnt/us/tcc #tccmake hello -lm
/mnt/us/tcc #tccmake hello
tcc:undefined synbol 'sqrt'

The problem is still there.
I just install tcc v1.5
the result is same.
The libm library has to be on the compiler's library search path.

That bit of the HowTo directions is somewhere in GM's post.
Just read the entire thread, I don't have a direct link to that part of the directions.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #50
deep
Enthusiast
deep began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Try resinstalling it xueyou2
run the install file inside the tcc folder you extracted
the symlink for the math library is added in the new update

to quote the last line from the install script,
[[ -e libm.so ]]||ln -s /lib/libm.so.6 libm.so

Hope you replaced all the files with the new ones !
deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #51
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Just a wild guess: wouldn't it be "tccmake -lm hello" instead of the other way around?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #52
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Just a wild guess: wouldn't it be "tccmake -lm hello" instead of the other way around?
If you look at the tccmake script, you will see that your example will fail if you do not have a "-lm.c" file to compile.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #53
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post

The K3 is missing a symlink needed to use the math library. The line shown above adds that symlink if it is missing. If you did not create that missing symlink, you will get the error that you described. Running the install script from inside /mnt/us/tcc should fix the problem (as deep said).
Old 05-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #54
xueyou2
Connoisseur
xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.xueyou2 can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post

Just start,i thought the new version v1.5 made by geekmaster may solve the problem,so i first uninstall the tcc-1.3 and then install tcc-1.5

I do as your guide reinstalling it .
#/mnt/us/tcc/install
ln:crt1.o:file exists
ln:crti.o:file exists
ln:crtn.o:file exists
in:tcc:file exists
in:tccmake:file exists

#tccmake hello
tcc:undefined symbol 'sqrt'
#tccmake hello -lm

I am a novice,please just give detail steps .Thank you .
Old 05-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #55
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Just start,i thought the new version v1.5 made by geekmaster may solve the problem,so i first uninstall the tcc-1.3 and then install tcc-1.5

#/mnt/us/tcc/install
That is not the text output by the version-1.5 install script.
The version-1.5 install script would continue by making your missing link and then printing a three line message.

You had better re-check what you are doing, starting with what archive you are downloading.

Quote:
#tccmake hello
#tccmake hello -lm

Old 05-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #56
geekmaster

Quote:

#/mnt/us/tcc/install

#tccmake hello
#tccmake hello -lm

Let's start at the beginning so that I can reproduce (and fix) your problem. Please provide answers for all of these questions:

Those error message show that the uninstall was not successful.

Q1) Did you run the uninstall script from inside /mnt/us/tcc?

Q2) What version of firmware are you running on your kindle?

Q3) What is the output from this command:
ls -al /lib/libm*

Q4) What is the output from this command:
ls -al /usr/lib/libm*

I need this information to fix your problem. Thanks.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-16-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #57
xueyou2
Connoisseur

Quote:
Let's start at the beginning so that I can reproduce (and fix) your problem. Please provide answers for all of these questions:

Those error message show that the uninstall was not successful. Did you run it from inside /mnt/us/tcc?

Q1) What version of firmware are you running on your kindle?

Q2) What is the output from this command:
ls -al /lib/libm*

Q3) What is the output from this command:
ls -al /usr/lib/libm*

I need this information to fix your problem. Thanks.

Q1:yes.Before install the new version tcc-1.5

Q2: firmware 3.3 (611680021) kindle 3g with ads

Q3:/mnt/us/myts #ls -al /lib/libm*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root /lib/libm-2.5/so
lrwxrwxrwx 1root root /lib/libm.so.6-> libm-2.5.so

-rwxr-xr-x 1root root /lib/libmenusage.so

Q4:/mnt/us/myts #ls -al /usr/lib/libm*

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root usr/lib/libmenu.so.5->libmenu.so.5.4
lrwxrwxrwx 1root root usr/lib/libmenu.so.5.4

-rwxr-xr-x 1root root usr/lib/libmp3-parser-arm11_elunux.so

Last edited by xueyou2; 05-16-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #58
geekmaster

Quote:
Q1:yes.Before install the new version tcc-1.5

Q2: firmware 3.3 (611680021) kindle 3g with ads

Q3:/mnt/us/myts #ls -al /lib/libm*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root /lib/libm-2.5/so
lrwxrwxrwx 1root root /lib/libm.so.6-> libm-2.5.so

-rwxr-xr-x 1root root /lib/libmenusage.so

Q4:/mnt/us/myts #ls -al /usr/lib/libm*

My K3 3.3 does not have special offers, but that should not make a difference.

I just compared your output from those commands to my own. You are missing the symlink that should be created by the install script.

It looks like you did not successfully run the uninstall script, and it also looks like you did not successfully run the install script.

As far as I know that can only happen if you have it installed to a different folder. It can also fail if you modified the scripts in Windows (putting ascii carriage returns in them), but that would give different error messages.

Please do the following commands and show me the output:

cd /mnt/us/tcc
pwd
./uninstall
./install
ls -al /usr/lib/libm*

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #59
xueyou2
Connoisseur

Quote:
My K3 3.3 does not have special offers, but that should not make a difference.

I just compared your output from those commands to my own. You are missing the symlink that should be created by the install script.

It looks like you did not successfully run the uninstall script, and it also looks like you did not successfully run the install script.

As far as I know that can only happen if you have it installed to a different folder. It can also fail if you modified the scripts in Windows (putting ascii carriage returns in them), but that would give different error messages.

Please do the following commands and show me the output:

cd /mnt/us/tcc
pwd
./uninstall
./install
ls -al /usr/lib/libm*

Thanks.
/mnt/us/tcc #pwd
/mnt/us/tcc
/mnt/us/tcc #./uninstall
*** tcc uninstalled ***
/mnt/us/tcc #./install
*** tcc installed ***
Uninstall with /mnt/us/tcc/uninstall
Compile demo.c with "tccmake demo"
mnt/us/tcc #ls -al /usr/lib/libm*

Thank you.(With usbnetwork i can access the kindle i still find the same result.)
Old 05-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #60
knc1
Going Viral

In the K3, version-3.2.1 the math library is in: /lib/libm.so.6
Might be in the same place in the K3, version-3.3

Tags
tcc, tinycc