Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Boox M92: Problems with Wi-Fi connestion

Hello,
I've got Problems with connecting my M92 with my Wi-Fi Network. That's my second M92. My first one didn't have this problem.

The first time tried to connect I saw this window No1:
Click image for larger version

Name:	network.png
Views:	716
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	82271

Then I clicked on my network (3). After that a new window No2 appeared:
Click image for larger version

Name:	config.png
Views:	753
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	82272

I typed my FSK Password and after klicking "ok" the browser windows appeared with "connecting ..." standing on it but nothing happened even after some minutes. Maybe I made one mistake because my password has 63 characters but that is only an assumption.

Now when I try to connect again the window No1 appears, but the windows No2 appears only when I click on foreign networks but not anymore when I click on my own network

What Can I do now?
Is it possible to reset the network settings?

I've got one possibility to connect with Wifi:
I can click on 1 in window No1. After that I can type in my network name and password. But I must do that everytime if I want to connect!
If I click on 2 nothing happens!

Thank You!
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
matulena
matulena began at the beginning.

Device: prs 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by medvedev View Post
Hello,
I've got Problems with connecting my M92 with my Wi-Fi Network. That's my second M92. My first one didn't have this problem.

The first time tried to connect I saw this window No1:
Attachment 82271

Then I clicked on my network (3). After that a new window No2 appeared:
Attachment 82272

I typed my FSK Password and after klicking "ok" the browser windows appeared with "connecting ..." standing on it but nothing happened even after some minutes. Maybe I made one mistake because my password has 63 characters but that is only an assumption.

Now when I try to connect again the window No1 appears, but the windows No2 appears only when I click on foreign networks but not anymore when I click on my own network

What Can I do now?
Is it possible to reset the network settings?

I can click on 1 in window No1. After that I can type in my network name and password. But I must do that everytime if I want to connect!

Thank You!
My ebook does not work on wifi. I returned the ebook. There are more ebook with the same problem.
matulena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
maindoor
Enthusiast
maindoor began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin
Is it really that bad that one cannot access internet on M92 that too on
Multiple devices ?
maindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:31 AM   #4
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Hello,

Thank You!
What happened to the first one. Would have been nice to share the experience.
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #5
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by matulena View Post
My ebook does not work on wifi. I returned the ebook. There are more ebook with the same problem.
How do you know that? The official version is that there are hardly any returns ...
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2012, 03:12 AM   #6
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
What do you mean does not work with wifi? (does not detect any network, cannot connect to any network, https does not work etc.)
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 05:02 AM   #7
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
What happened to the first one. Would have been nice to share the experience.
You can read it here: Boox M92 with defective pixels
Old 02-08-2012, 05:28 AM   #8
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
What Can I do now?
[B]Is it possible to reset the network settings?[/B]
From this is clear, it is not a hardware problem. Wifi works, but 'pernament' settings for given SSID need to be changed (Medvedev most probably mistyped the password...).

The only question is, how to reset wrong settings for given SSID.

Try to click on 1, while your Wifi access point is switched off. Fill SSID and password. It might work. I managed to reset password to wrong one, so it should be possible to reset it to right one. Also tick on 'show plain text', so that you see the password (and not only black circles) while entering, so that you are 100% sure, it is correct.

Last edited by Mono; 02-08-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:47 AM   #9
medvedev
Connoisseur

Thanks Mono,
I also think that this is an Software Problem.
You have also Boox M92. Are you able to access the individual settings for any network name? (2 in window No1)

Now I changed my network name (different SSID) and changed the password as well. The same problem. I can't access Wifi Configuration for my network where I can type the password.
Any foreign networks are accessable
Old 02-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #10
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I can set network name, etc by (2 in window No1), but only for networks others than I am connected to. For connected/prefered one, it doesn't seem to work (no dialog opens). It is probably a intended feature by design to prevent user change the data while M92 is connecting to given SSID, not error.

That is why I suggested to switch off the Wifi network and do the setting by 1 in win. 1.

There might be also problem in your wifi network router. It might put your M92 on blacklist after several unsuccessfull trials to connect. Also somebody reported, they coudn't connect if Wifi network used MAC address filtering.

And one more thing. It seems to me M92 does not preset the type of authentisation (WEP, WPA, ...) correctly. Do you have this correctly according to settings in Wifi AP?

Last edited by Mono; 02-08-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #11
medvedev
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
Try to click on 1, while your Wifi access point is switched off. Fill SSID and password. It might work.
Hello Mono,
sorry I forgot to say that I tried that out but it didn't work.

But I have solved this problem in a similar way:

Solution:
I tried to start an Wifi connection like in window No1 and clicked on my own network name. Then the device started to"connect..." but nothing happened ... as expected.
Accidentally I switched off my router. Some one minute later the window No2 appeared with my old password I typed some days ago
In fact one character was wrong and I was able to correct it.

Now it works fine!

Nevertheless I think that it's a bug that you are not able to access your own settings anymore.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #12
matulena
matulena began at the beginning.

Device: prs 600
Quote:
Hello Mono,
sorry I forgot to say that I tried that out but it didn't work.

But I have solved this problem in a similar way:

Solution:
I tried to start an Wifi connection like in window No1 and clicked on my own network name. Then the device started to"connect..." but nothing happened ... as expected.
Accidentally I switched off my router. Some one minute later the window No2 appeared with my old password I typed some days ago
In fact one character was wrong and I was able to correct it.

Now it works fine!

Nevertheless I think that it's a bug that you are not able to access your own settings anymore.
I returned my ebook M92. the wifi did not work from my home, no free wifi. The store said it was broken. The other ebook also had had the same problem.
I will wait for a solution and I then buy another ebook M92
matulena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #13
australo
australo began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX M92
i have the same problem, but i can to see the problem is with SSID hidden. When i not hidden my SSID i connect perfectly. And other problem is the config. in the TKIP AES. In someone config. Wifi its necessary mark two options.
Someone can to probe if can to connect with SSID visible?, (not hidden). thanx. Australo. MAD.
australo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:11 AM   #14
papyrus
papyrus began at the beginning.

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3), Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post

There might be also problem in your wifi network router. It might put your M92 on blacklist after several unsuccessfull trials to connect. Also somebody reported, they coudn't connect if Wifi network used MAC address filtering.
I use MAC filtering at home and I have no problem with connecting the device. Iniatially I only entered the M92 MAC address in the router but it didn't connect...until I rebooted the router (seems that the change is not efective until then, besides it's listed). Now it works perfectly.

I haven't tried to hide the SSID...if someone interested I can do the test.

PS/ Sometimes an ASCII to HEX key conversion is needed. I'm not sure if this is the case as I use a HEX key directly, but consider testing this option (there are several online key converters that can do the job)
papyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #15
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Interestingly, I'm experiencing problems with wifi connectivity, but only in one of three networks i tested. On my home network (WPA2), Boox runs fine, just slowly, and so it does on another network (WEP). But on the third network (WPA2) Boox, just fails to establish the connection, with symptoms just like described earlier in this thread. Network works with other devices and the password is correct (triple checked)...

This suggests that the connectivity problems have to do with network configuration or software error.

Update: that's indeed strange, but upon resetting the router and creating a new network with a different SSID, everything works.

Last edited by janek; 03-15-2012 at 02:45 PM.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote