Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
you are such a tease.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #17
Jyohomson
Reader
Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kindle 3 3G (Broken), Kindle Touch (Broken), Kindle PW2
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
@twobob, nice! Here are my first thoughts on getting this going: I tried post here so far and this is where I am stuck.
Jyohomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #18
techiemonkey
Tech Geek Forever
techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch hacked
Instead of porting android to kindle, why not port the nook or sony android to the kindlez/ It would be easier 'cause nook & sony android are already optimized for ereaders. The things left to do would be:
1. Changing drivers for optimizing to the kindle hardware
2. Make some other changes to make it compatible with kindle.
techiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
Instead of porting android to kindle, why not port the nook or sony android to the kindlez/ It would be easier 'cause nook & sony android are already optimized for ereaders. The things left to do would be:
Look forward to seeing the results of your work on this.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #20
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
Nook's CPU is not i.MX so the Android ported on Nook Simple Touch will not be easily and straightforwardly be portable to Kindle Touch that (uses Freescale i.MX508).

On another note, boy oh boy! I didn't know this:

Quote:
The i.MX50 family of chips is based on a Cortex A8 CPU, with a base speed of 800MHz and a NEON co-processor. Two of the chips, the 507 and 508, will have have the new support for E-ink screens integrated into the chip. They will also be keeping support for LCD screens, so what we have here is a chip that could drive a dual screen tablet (like the mythical Amazon tablet I mentioned yesterday).
So, what the hell are we doing. We should be really working on Android port to little KT! I, for one, am pumped and motivated to work on this project once again. Who's willing to help?

Last edited by thatworkshop; 09-19-2013 at 03:42 PM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2013, 04:28 PM   #21
Aeris
Developer's Corner Mascot
Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aeris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4, Kindle Keyboard 3.4
would it work with minor modifications for paperwhite too?
Aeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #22
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Space reserved for good references I find. Bear with me!
Also, feel free to add stuff in this thread. I really want to get this thing done ASAP with as much help as possible from our awesome community.

http://markmail.org/message/pjlvvyfvsrpnkcle

https://community.freescale.com/thread/249609
Old 09-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #23
thatworkshop
hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
would it work with minor modifications for paperwhite too?
I guess so as specs are same: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...92&postcount=8
Old 09-20-2013, 05:43 AM   #24
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know absolutely nothing about the subject.

Never stopped me before though... I am at least willing to help test?
I think I have the android development suite installed on my machine AFAIK.

IIRC the nook simple touch I have exposes the level of andoid to the google play site so I could at least feed that back... likely level to aim for...

Back in a hour or two Ill have a look.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:55 AM   #25
twobob

and

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/...?code=IMX50_SW

for ref.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #26
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
All it took was 3, full time CS engineers with a full set of device documentation.

That should keep our readers busy for the winter (even if they get lab126 to release the hardware documentation).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #27
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
With that processor, id say froyo or gingerbread might be the best
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote