Old 09-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #46
teralpar
teralpar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, iPad Mini w/Retina
Credit card charged, status says "Shipping Now."
teralpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:39 PM   #47
Don Quixote
Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Don Quixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Card charged...shipping "soon". Oct. 2 still the expected delivery date. Prime 2nd day.
Don Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:00 AM   #48
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
See told ya you would see activity on it tonight. I expect many of you who have Oct 2nd as delivery date will get it on Tuesday instead. Amazon is known to upgrade 2 Day shipping to 1 day. At least on all my Kindles I ordered that way they have.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:23 AM   #49
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Will be waiting with bated breath for first impressions since it's not out in the UK until the 9th (grrrrrr)
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:40 AM   #50
duydangle
Connoisseur
duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.duydangle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW|PW3
Credit Card is charged, estimated October 2nd. Can't wait!
duydangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:14 AM   #51
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I'm jealous of you all! But at the moment I can't justify the shipping and tax costs. So unless my Kindle dies I'm going to wait until Amazon either opens their Dutch store or I find one in a store (I understand the Waterstones in Brussels sells Kindles and I was thinking of going to that city for a day in December).
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:44 AM   #52
Rob2246
Enthusiast
Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle,nook ,ipad,kobo
Just checked serial number is now showing and out for delivery today. Yes.
Rob2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:38 AM   #53
benjamin11900
benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.benjamin11900 is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: none
So, how much time before someone receives it today ? :P
benjamin11900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #54
Noritje
Enthusiast
Noritje began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I'm jealous of you all! But at the moment I can't justify the shipping and tax costs. So unless my Kindle dies I'm going to wait until Amazon either opens their Dutch store or I find one in a store (I understand the Waterstones in Brussels sells Kindles and I was thinking of going to that city for a day in December).
Me too!
I've been thinking of buying a Kindle Paperwhite since the first gen but since getting it so hard and can't justify the shipping and tax, I decided to go with Kobo (not bad to be honest but I also have many books from Amazon).

I actually thought of buying it on amazon.co.uk and send it to a friend in UK. Don't think I will get taxed from UK and shipping is still doable.

Btw, there's Waterstones in Amsterdam too (looking at your location perhaps it is closer than Brussels?). They were selling Kindle PW but the price was €179. Yeah I know. Don't know when they will have PW2.... I might be desperate enough to spend that much.

PS: Is it cheaper in Waterstones Brussels?
Noritje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #55
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Shipping Now!
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #56
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noritje View Post
I actually thought of buying it on amazon.co.uk and send it to a friend in UK. Don't think I will get taxed from UK and shipping is still doable.
You would be charged UK VAT, of course, but you wouldn't pay any additional tax to send it to the Netherlands.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #57
wlsinwi
Enthusiast
wlsinwi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Touch and Paperwhite1 and 2
Status is shipped and have serial number! Shipping notice gives tracking number but it's not been received at the USPS. I might get it tomorrow. very happy to know it's on it's way.

Last edited by wlsinwi; 09-30-2013 at 09:09 AM.
wlsinwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:11 AM   #58
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noritje View Post
Me too!
I've been thinking of buying a Kindle Paperwhite since the first gen but since getting it so hard and can't justify the shipping and tax, I decided to go with Kobo (not bad to be honest but I also have many books from Amazon).

Btw, there's Waterstones in Amsterdam too (looking at your location perhaps it is closer than Brussels?). They were selling Kindle PW but the price was €179. Yeah I know. Don't know when they will have PW2.... I might be desperate enough to spend that much.

PS: Is it cheaper in Waterstones Brussels?
I suspect it will be the same price in Brussels, although I must say €179 is very steep. I can understand it's more expensive than when buying from Amazon, but I would have thought it would be around €150 max.

Last time I went to Amsterdam I checked the Waterstones they didn't have Kindles, but that was a while ago. A trip to Amsterdam is indeed a lot cheaper, and I wanted to visit anyway to stock up on some art supplies. I'll call the Waterstones in Amsterdam at the end of October and see if they have the PW2 by then and what it cost.

At the moment a PW2 plus shipping and tax is about €152, only €13 more than on Amazon.de. However, I'm also concerned about defects, if there are screen problems I wouldn't want to have to send it back to the US (even if Amazon refunds the shipping costs).
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:13 AM   #59
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
See told ya you would see activity on it tonight. I expect many of you who have Oct 2nd as delivery date will get it on Tuesday instead. Amazon is known to upgrade 2 Day shipping to 1 day. At least on all my Kindles I ordered that way they have.
It depends on proximity to the shipping center, too. That is why I expect mine tomorrow instead of Weds. But I won't complain, either way.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #60
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
"Shipping now" - no S/N
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote