Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #571
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Oops I forgot to mention the Maggie Shayne Book was a Avon title from 1996. I've updated the info now. I am thrilled to get her books for free!

So what are you reading this weekend? I am reading Weddings Can be Murder by Christie Craig. This is a book I own 3 copies of. Dorchester gave it away a few years ago. I also own the paperback and I bought the ebook again so the author would actually get paid because I want her to write more books.

I should know never to start one of her books on a weekend when my husband is home. It got so bad last night that I was grounded to our bedroom to read. Yes it's that funny! I laughing and giggling on almost every page. I looked up and he gave me the look. He was trying to study. Poor guy. I was giggling my way up the stairs. I couldn't help it.

I thought this was going to be a whodoneit type story but it isn't. It reminds me of sitcom and it is on the cheese side. The author put some really outrageous moments in this book.

They should put a disclaimer on her books: Do not read in public unless you want to look like a lunatic.
LOL, that's so cute! The last book I read that made me LOL was Wallbanger, I may have even snorted a few times.

This weekend I read 2 that I've been so excited about, and they're both just, well, not as good as I was expecting. I read REAL by Kate Evans, gave it a 3.5. I'm halfway through Connected by Kim Karr, so far it too is just ok. If you're going to do instalove, I have to believe it so you'd best write it really well, and this is just ok for me.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #572
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Backlist deal

My Steadfast Heart (Thorne Brothers #1) by Jo Goodman $0.99 [Zebra 1997] Kindle | Kobo (couponable - I have 30% codes if anyone needs one)

Quote:
Colin Thorne finds his way out of a London workhouse but at the cost of losing his two younger brothers. With an uncertain future ahead of him, Colin makes seafaring his life until the inexorable pull of revenge draws him back to London. The debt owed to him by the Earl of Weybourne will be paid.

Weybourne Park has been Mercedes Leydon's home her entire life. Now serving as the estate's manager and caretaker of her uncle's two children, Mercedes knows the earl's frequent absences are what make Weybourne Park a home.

But the earl's gaming has taken its toll and she and her young cousins are faced with losing everything to a devil-of-a-stranger calling in a debt that can't be paid.

Casting caution aside, Mercedes will make a new bargain with this devil. If it's her soul he wants—or her body—she will give it to him and stake her own claim on his steadfast heart.

Last edited by apesmom; 04-28-2013 at 05:57 PM.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #573
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Backlist deal

My Steadfast Heart (Thorne Brothers #1) by Jo Goodman $0.99 [Zebra 1997] Kindle | Kobo (couponable - I have 30% codes if anyone needs one)
One of my favorite authors. I bought it at full price I think.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #574
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
LOL, that's so cute! The last book I read that made me LOL was Wallbanger, I may have even snorted a few times.

This weekend I read 2 that I've been so excited about, and they're both just, well, not as good as I was expecting. I read REAL by Kate Evans, gave it a 3.5. I'm halfway through Connected by Kim Karr, so far it too is just ok. If you're going to do instalove, I have to believe it so you'd best write it really well, and this is just ok for me.
I'm still waiting on someone to loan me REAL. I don't want to pay full price for it.

I don't do alot of laughing when I read. Christie Craig is probably one of the few authors who does hit my funny bone. Janet Evanovich would be another. I may smile say Oh Gawd or roll my eyes but I seldom look like I've lost it.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:37 PM   #575
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
So what are you reading this weekend? I am reading Weddings Can be Murder by Christie Craig. This is a book I own 3 copies of. Dorchester gave it away a few years ago. I also own the paperback and I bought the ebook again so the author would actually get paid because I want her to write more books.
Wow, that's some book love! I don't think I've ever laughed aloud from a romance novel. Clearly I need to expand my reading selection!

Quote:
That's too bad they weren't as good as you'd hoped! I'm usually pretty picky, but I totally bought the instalove in REAL. The book still had issues for me, but for some reason I didn't mind them as much as I normally do.

I just finished up a few books, and seriously of the last five I've read, only one has rated above a two-star. I think there are a lot of under-worked editors out there... and I need to take a break from New Adult books. Time to pick one from my historical romance TBR pile!
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #576
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
So what are you reading this weekend?
Alternately reading / listening to The Fiery Cross because I love Diana Gabaldon and I can exercise and get stuff done around the house with headphones in my ears. Also reading The Practice Proposal by Tracy March because it's baseball season.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #577
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by NixLapi View Post
Wow, that's some book love! I don't think I've ever laughed aloud from a romance novel. Clearly I need to expand my reading selection!
If you are looking for a great romance that is laugh-out loud funny, yet still intense, you have got to try Jennifer Crusie. Start with Bet Me, which is most people's favorite of hers. I just did a reread, and it was just as good the second time around.

Another author that I find to be laugh out loud funny is Jill Shalvis.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #578
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

That's too bad they weren't as good as you'd hoped! I'm usually pretty picky, but I totally bought the instalove in REAL. The book still had issues for me, but for some reason I didn't mind them as much as I normally do.

I just finished up a few books, and seriously of the last five I've read, only one has rated above a two-star. I think there are a lot of under-worked editors out there... and I need to take a break from New Adult books. Time to pick one from my historical romance TBR pile!
I should have phrased it better, I meant the instalove comment about Connected, but its growing on me 3/4 in.
No, in REAL I got the romance, but as you said, it's probably the other 'issues' that bothered me. ie his 'issue' didn't seem realistic to me, IMO. But I will admit that the ending, well I didn't see it coming, so that's why it went from a 3 to 3.5 for me.

And I don't usually like romantic comedies either, but Wallbanger was so incredibly well done for romance with just great comedy mixed in, it surprised the heck out of me!

OH and I forgot that on Friday I finished up Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy and loved it, even more than the first one. I really like her writing style and characters.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #579
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
Alternately reading / listening to The Fiery Cross because I love Diana Gabaldon and I can exercise and get stuff done around the house with headphones in my ears. Also reading The Practice Proposal by Tracy March because it's baseball season.
I just bought her Outlander Audible for $3.99. I don't know if you were around when it was a free book but if you own the Kindle book you can get the Audible for only $3.99! I was looking for something to buy I wanted to listen to as I needed one more book to get the $10 dollar credit so I picked this up and then saw it's 33 hours!??! OMG. I've never listened to an audiobook that long I don't think.

Tell me it's worth it.

Last edited by Blossom; 04-28-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #580
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I am partial to romantic comedies that have action in it. You get suspense, comedy and characters you fall in love with. I think this is the same formula for the Stephanie Plum books but Christie's plots are nothing like her Janet's.

They are just perfect to read when you need to laugh.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #581
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
If you are looking for a great romance that is laugh-out loud funny, yet still intense, you have got to try Jennifer Crusie. Start with Bet Me, which is most people's favorite of hers. I just did a reread, and it was just as good the second time around.

Another author that I find to be laugh out loud funny is Jill Shalvis.
I Love them both but they don't make me laugh out loud more like laugh to myself. I might smile, roll my eyes or shake my head.

Now Jill's real life does get to me. You know yesterday she had a cougar walk through her yard and early this week while hiking she spotted a coyote. She lives in Lake Tahoe if I remember right.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #582
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
People seem to either love or hate the Outlander series. I have the series in hard copy, got the first Kindle book for free, paid slightly reduced for the other books at various times, and got I think most of the Audible books at a reduced price. I'm confused about that because I have been buying various series through Audible since the fall.

Not all of the Audible versions in the series are up to date with WhisperSync.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #583
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post
People seem to either love or hate the Outlander series. I have the series in hard copy, got the first Kindle book for free, paid slightly reduced for the other books at various times, and got I think most of the Audible books at a reduced price. I'm confused about that because I have been buying various series through Audible since the fall.

Not all of the Audible versions in the series are up to date with WhisperSync.
Well I have plenty of credits if I like the first one. My friend recommended it to me. She doesn't read romance but loved the series.

I know at Audible I can return any book up to a year I didn't like for credit so I'm not too worried. I just wish I would of known that before the Black Dagger books expired earlier this year. I have one and two and well the narrator is horrible. I got these before I learned what kind of narrators I like.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:16 PM   #584
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Free Mills and Boon book Deadly Charade by Virna DePaul. This is New Idea magazine promo the Code required to get the book is MUM it is available to Aussies. It may also be available internationally I don't know if they are geo blocking it or not. The book is epub or PDF format.
Quote:
Mad, bad and dangerous to know…District attorney Linda Delaney never imagined she would reunite with her former lover in a courtroom. Tony Cooper has been accused of murdering a notorious drug lord. In order to distance herself, Linda assigns Tony's case to another. But she can't escape him….

A threat to their lives brings Linda and Tony together once more, and their passion resurfaces. Despite his feelings for Linda, Tony can't reveal his true identity as an undercover cop. In order to bring a drug supplier to justice, he must convince Linda that he is a criminal. Will he complete the assignment…or will his mission be jeopardized by new desires and hidden enemies?
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #585
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
OH and I forgot that on Friday I finished up Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy and loved it, even more than the first one. I really like her writing style and characters.
I recently completed the two Monica Murphys and they were great, though I enjoyed the first one more than the second.

I also completed Elite and didn't like it. Just like with The Bet, some of the responsibilities she assigns to the hero seem so implausible at his age, yet the book felt so juvenile at the same time. Also, it has a cliffhanger ending (things that make me go 'grrr' ) and an unresolved love triangle.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote