Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #496
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
New KUAL "reporting" mechanism test... IN THE NEXT VERSION

To Be Available to KUAL extension developers...

Looking good!

@stepk please push the changes... I am now 100% happy with the tests...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_057.png
Views:	439
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	102078   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_058.png
Views:	395
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	102079  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:48 AM   #497
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also want to say A HUGE THANKS to Mikez for his work on the upcoming system section.

Amazing results and massive effort Mike.

I salute you.
(think there really has to be a credit given once it is live)
Old 02-27-2013, 02:05 PM   #498
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Can the rest of us say A HUGE THANKS to you for KUAL?
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #499
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
Can the rest of us say A HUGE THANKS to you for KUAL?
I, Ixtab and Stepk (and of course now knc1) thank you all for your support.

just got the Kindle 4 all lined up for the test work at last

Only a PW and a K2 required now to provide all-device on-site device support.

Also... thanks to the kind person who started up the donations kitty with another 5 Euros. Huge help.

The new version has even more hours poured into it than the last lot.
Many many more. Thanks again.

Last edited by twobob; 02-27-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #500
twobob

k3 chess as promised.

https://bitbucket.org/twobob/kual-ex...2/K3?at=master

I'll start shovelling other stuff into there later
Old 02-28-2013, 02:41 AM   #501
Jyohomson
Reader
Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kindle 3 3G (Broken), Kindle Touch (Broken), Kindle PW2
The reports

@twobob

Your extension produced a file.
It read :

Actual charge as %age
gasgauge-info [-chklms] [-i <seconds>] <registers...>
Drain/Load
Available capacity
Temperature

Hope this helps.
Jyohomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:25 AM   #502
twobob

EDIT: I FIXED IT TO BE SIMPLER CODE
(same output)

Should have listened to Master knc1Fu in the first place

Last edited by twobob; 02-28-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:37 AM   #503
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
It might be one of the early evaluation units that got (accidentally?) shipped to some people with non-standard firmware.

Better to start over by installing the stock factory firmware using our Kubrick CD.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #504
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I just tested this on the oldest thing I could find.. and it was okay.
anyone else getting this???
gasgauge-info works for me from a terminal. However, I get the same output in the log file as Jyohomson. PW (5.3.3).

Just fiddling about, this worked for me from the KUAL script. *shrug* Maybe something with the output redirection?
Code:
gasgauge-info -c >> $LOG

Log:
56%
Do older versions have a more verbose output?

Last edited by JimmyR; 02-28-2013 at 09:41 AM.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #505
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Jim View Post
gasgauge-info works for me from a terminal. However, I get the same output in the log file as Jyohomson. PW (5.3.3).

Just fiddling about, this worked for me from the KUAL script. *shrug* Maybe something with the output redirection?
Code:
gasgauge-info -c >> $LOG

Log:
56%
Do older versions have a more verbose output?
AH!

That's excellent info. Then I take it all back and indeed I am a fool...

Let me go think of a less swanky - more solid - solution.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #506
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It just couldn't handle your powerful script-fu.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #507
twobob

hmm.. knc1's kung-fu utterly mangled by my "level 0" antics I think you mean hehehe

I will make something "super basic" and work up from there once it is confirmed as "working"... (meh firking lack of PW grumble grumble lol)

Still not sure why the Touch 5.0.x would EPIC FAIL also.. but I will fix it right now.

ooh ooh oh yeah I have the 4 now so I can test out your font thingy on a few things
(and only a week late... sigh... sorry)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_061.png
Views:	193
Size:	395.8 KB
ID:	102109  
Old 02-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #508
twobob

Okay fixed it... one sec will post

DONE POSTED HERE

Last edited by twobob; 02-28-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #509
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyohomson View Post
@twobob

Your extension produced a file.
It read :

Actual charge as %age
Drain/Load
Available capacity
Temperature

Hope this helps.
FIXED UP HERE
Old 02-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #510
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Okay fixed it... one sec will post

DONE POSTED HERE
Thanks. Works fine on the PW.

Spoiler:
Code:
Actual charge as %age 
56%
Drain/Load 
-146 mA
Available capacity 
784 mAh
Temperature 
69 Fahrenheit

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified