Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-24-2020, 07:21 PM   #1
jw2554
jw2554 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for iPhone
Question Unable to convert epub to mobi to preserve continuous scroll

Hello everyone, it's my first post. Happy to find this forum.

I have quite a bit of epub books I'd like to convert, so that I can read them on my iphone's kindle app. The books in epub format support continuous scroll. (It's a very important function when highlighting multiple sentences.)

I'm sure I'm missing something: after I converted the epub book to mobi, when I opening the same book with my Kindle app on iPhone, it only turns pages. It lost the continuous scroll function. The option to turn "continuous scroll" on isn't even available for the converted book.

What did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance for all you can do to help me.
jw2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:03 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Continuous scrolling one of the Enhanced Typesetting features that is only available in KFX format.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2020, 09:34 AM   #3
jw2554
jw2554 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Continuous scrolling one of the Enhanced Typesetting features that is only available in KFX format.
Thanks. Yes, I saw a post earlier about this. How do I open a KFX format book on my iPhone's kindle?
jw2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:43 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2554 View Post
Thanks. Yes, I saw a post earlier about this. How do I open a KFX format book on my iPhone's kindle?
The only way I know of to sideload a KFX book to the Kindle for iOS app is by using the File Sharing feature of iTunes.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote