Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-12-2020, 01:41 AM   #1
pandaeye
pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'pandaeye understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: none
Hello

Hello, I am Patrick. I registered today through the calibre website. My ebook history started from Palm's pdb era as well as avantgo, but stopped after the falling of Palm. I have not touched hardware and software related to ereader/ebook since then, until several days ago I suddenly found a scenario that I can use ereader, i.e. to read news (what an excuse for a new toy...). I have not owned a device yet. I plan to make sure what I want can be accomplished through calibre or other ways before going into a particular hardware.

I originally wished to ask the question in the calibre recipe forum, but perhaps I can do it here first. I am thinking of using calibre to pull some archival NY Times articles through search (and yes I have a digital subscription) into an epub to read offline. To be specific I want the recipe to process a search result (such as the name of a reporter) in NY Times and retrieve all search results into one epub.

I only need to do it once and no need for regular update, but I want to have the articles neatly indexed like a table of contents and I can click on it to select the article to read.

Is this possible through calibre, or any other way to do it?
pandaeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:26 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello, Patrick, and welcome to MobileRead.

Your best bet is to ask your question in the Calibre forum. Few members visit the introduction section regularly and the chances of someone here knowing the answer to your question are small. I don't use recipes myself and so know nothing about them.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote