Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-06-2020, 02:41 PM   #16
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
I wish people would at least consider that a simple factual interpretation of a simple factual statement might be the intended meaning of that statement.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:13 PM   #17
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I wish people would at least consider that a simple factual interpretation of a simple factual statement might be the intended meaning of that statement.
If you are refering to me, it was a question, not a statement:

Quote:
Although not strictly legit, would removing the DRM overcome this, technically?
Meaning: "Although not strictly legit" = Although not it's not strictly legal to overcome copyright strictures

"would removing the DRM overcome this, technically?" = Speaking purely from a technical point of view, and putting aside considerations of copyright, would removing the DRM enable books to be put on a different ereader?

I have already said that I think the copyright and moral issues disable the OP from being able to do this. So I think the OP's question has been answered.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 04:43 PM   #18
crane3
Evangelist
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
If you are refering to me, it was a question, not a statement:

Meaning: "Although not strictly legit" = Although not it's not strictly legal to overcome copyright strictures

"would removing the DRM overcome this, technically?" = Speaking purely from a technical point of view, and putting aside considerations of copyright, would removing the DRM enable books to be put on a different ereader?

I have already said that I think the copyright and moral issues disable the OP from being able to do this. So I think the OP's question has been answered.

Removing the DRM for another "device" is not necessary. Long ago I found that you must also remove DRM to read the ebook on the same device if the ebook reader app doesn't do DRM; e.g. Moon+Reader, etc.

Adobe is sneaky enough to define the "device" as the reader app & no relation to a physical device. My experience with the Nook, 1st gen original, that had a system setting for a DRM ID; was not able to use a book reader app that did not have DRM capabilities; decided to include the DeDRM on my Calibre & reprocess all my books thru Calibre with the DeDRM plugin installed.

If DRM is not a virus as some claimed, it is, at least, a malware of the form of RANSOMWARE by a 3rd party to the book.
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote