Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-02-2020, 10:28 AM   #1
gabryele
Connoisseur
gabryele began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura one
loading some content... always displays the warning

When I plugged off my kobo from PC, I receive ondisplay for some seconds the alert of uploading some content... ever, also I don't load any ebook on the kobo.
I guess there's something left unfinished.
Or some trace of a ruined ebook.
Where can I see inside the kobo to delete these "broken" files?
gabryele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 12:51 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The system logs should have some details about a book failing to import.

If you have shell access, it's a logread away, if you don't, enabling the Developer Settings (search for devmodeon) will cause them to be dumped in the .kobo folder each time the device is connected to a computer.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 01:38 PM   #3
gabryele
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
enabling the Developer Settings (search for devmodeon) will cause them to be dumped in the .kobo folder each time the device is connected to a computer.
Developer settings like this?
https://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/20...-new-easy-way/
Old 02-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
literally type devmodeon or devmodeoff into the search box on the kobo.
If you are not transferring and only charging then don't click on Connect to PC.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:57 AM   #5
gabryele
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
literally type devmodeon or devmodeoff into the search box on the kobo.
I will try...
Old 02-03-2020, 06:26 AM   #6
gabryele
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabryele View Post
I try...
ok I have two "no found" in "file:///mnt/onboard/", delete it and now everything looks fine.

But I saw in the log file I have a lot of "Pruning file"
example: Feb 3 12:05:59 nickel: ( 311.697 @ 0x1f1f718 / ui.debug) Pruning file "file:///mnt/onboard/Terry/Rachel 07.cbr"

is it normal?
Old 02-03-2020, 06:48 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabryele View Post
ok I have two "no found" in "file:///mnt/onboard/", delete it and now everything looks fine.

But I saw in the log file I have a lot of "Pruning file"
example: Feb 3 12:05:59 nickel: ( 311.697 @ 0x1f1f718 / ui.debug) Pruning file "file:///mnt/onboard/Terry/Rachel 07.cbr"

is it normal?
Yes, they are normal. There should be one for each sideloaded book that has already imported. The "no found" message sounds like the right one. Or there can be others depending on what the problem with the book is.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:00 AM   #8
gabryele
Connoisseur

now everything seems ok

I think, I can to put devmodeoff again, otherwise I have log file everytime I access to the kobo ��
Old 02-03-2020, 01:19 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yep, you can now safely disable the Developer Settings .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote