Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-21-2017, 04:41 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You have to connect the device to the USB port and then tap the part of the screen there the button is so the computer can see it. Then you can side load a different firmware, eject and wait until it's installed.

The problem is that the mark 6 firmware you installed is buggy and is showing black on black.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 09:47 PM   #17
Tikker
Zealot
Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tikker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy S7, Kobo Aura
yup, it doesn't USB connect by default (stupid behaviour)

when you plug it into USB, it'll briefly light up

when screen goes black you have to touch the "connect" button that you can't see
if you hold it in your hand, extend your thumb up the middle, and then just to the right of your thumb nail is approx the spot you have to tap to get it to connect
Tikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2017, 03:08 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikker View Post
yup, it doesn't USB connect by default (stupid behaviour)
One persons stupid behaviour is another persons desire.

The earlier devices and firmware would connect automatically. There were a lot of complaints about this as people wanted to charge while reading. As a rule, I like the current behaviour. Of course, that doesn't stop me from muttering under my breath when I forget to tap the connect button and realise ten minutes later calibre hasn't seen the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote