Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #16
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I just searched on Mary Poppins and Mary Norton. I suspect it must be geographic restrictions. Sorry!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:52 AM   #17
MobileJanie
Zealot
MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MobileJanie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Thanks.

Roll on the day when we are all able to buy whatever we want from wherever we want without these restrictions.
MobileJanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 01:20 AM   #18
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileJanie View Post
Thanks.

Roll on the day when we are all able to buy whatever we want from wherever we want without these restrictions.
Absolutely. It annoys me no end that I can't get the Mary Stewart ebooks that are sold in the UK. Grrr.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #19
anonymoose
bookaholic
anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anonymoose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Touch, Kobo app on iPhone
I just bought a whole bunch of books from the publisher Angry Robot with these new coupons. Most stuff listed on the Random House website works with coupons.
anonymoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #20
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
There are some Anne Perry books here--some of the earlier Thomas Pitt titles; this surprises me as I thought all her books were Random House. Also Leon Uris (Exodus, QB VII, Topaz, etc.), James Jones (From Here to Eternity, etc.), Bette Green (Summer of My German Soldier). These are all around $10, so still a bit expensive even with the 20 percent off coupon.
Oh darn - I would love to have some of the old Anne Perry/Thomas Pitt titles, but I just can't justify even $8 when I have them in DTB sitting on my bookshelf.

I'm building up rather a long list of Kobo books like that (DTB replacments) waiting for a 50% off coupon, such as was available with the "spin & win" thing a few months ago. I wonder if they'll ever do a coupon(s) of that magnitude again? I sure hope so!

And, I hope they also do a couple more $1-off ones sometime soon - I have a few inexpensive titles on my wait list too, where the $1-off is a much better deal than 20% off. Mostly books I just want to try, so I'm not in a hurry, but I would like to see a few $1-off codes.

Keeping my fingers crossed...
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 07:02 PM   #21
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Oh darn - I would love to have some of the old Anne Perry/Thomas Pitt titles, but I just can't justify even $8 when I have them in DTB sitting on my bookshelf.

I'm building up rather a long list of Kobo books like that (DTB replacments) waiting for a 50% off coupon, such as was available with the "spin & win" thing a few months ago. I wonder if they'll ever do a coupon(s) of that magnitude again? I sure hope so!

And, I hope they also do a couple more $1-off ones sometime soon - I have a few inexpensive titles on my wait list too, where the $1-off is a much better deal than 20% off. Mostly books I just want to try, so I'm not in a hurry, but I would like to see a few $1-off codes.

Keeping my fingers crossed...
I like to use coupons to pick up replacements for my paper books so I can clear my bookshelves. I bought a lot of Anne Perry (the William Monk titles) when Kobo was more openhanded with coupons--before RH defected to the Agency. Still haven't decided for sure what to buy now, but will probably go with the Thomas Pitt books.

I would be thrilled to see even a 30 percent off coupon from Kobo at this point! It's been forever since they had one of those.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #22
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
If you ever get worried about how much is safe to leave in a URL from Kobo, then here's an example of the minimum amount that needs to be kept to make the URL go where you want it to, and you can lop off everything after the -1.html on any Kobo link which is where any tracking/referrer info is likely to be ...
Thanks for the tip - I looked but had no idea what 'extra' I had to cut off
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:40 AM   #23
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I got another coupon from Kobo: oct2discount20 (same terms as the OP). This one also has a selected list (which, strangely, I'm able to view with no problems, unlike the first ), for anyone looking for suggested titles.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote