Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 11-21-2013, 02:12 AM   #856
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Is there anything special with Ibsen that you can't answer this question yourself simply by searching for his year of death (it's 1906)?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:19 AM   #857
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Is Ibsen in the public domain?
Certainly, for him the curtain dropped for the last time in 1907. You'll find nearly all his plays in the Patricia Clark Library. See also here.
Bokselskap.no also has some of his plays.
The website ibsen.net is currently offline, but will probably return.
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2013, 05:32 AM   #858
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've just uploaded a completely proofed and reformatted version of Jane Austen's "Emma" to the library in the usual formats. Enjoy!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:55 AM   #859
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
I'm putting the finishing touches on "A Tramp Abroad" by Mark Twain, fully illustrated. I'm surprised that this is the first time this title will be added to the Library.

(It's been a WIP for months. I've converted and cleaned the entire set of 300+ images three times, once due to hard-drive data-loss, and poor results a second time.)
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #860
fxp33
Addict
fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.fxp33 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD, kindle paperwhite
Hagakure, the five first books (Japanese with furigana)

Hi,

Thank you for this thread

Working on an edition of the first five books of the hagakure in Japanese (not sure the English version or the French one are in public domain, so it will remain in Japanese only).

I have asked for some help on the kobo forum to see how it looks like.

If someone has already been working on this, please, share

Regards

François
fxp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #861
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Northanger Abbey" by Jane Austen

Just uploaded a thoroughly proofed and revised version of Jane Austen's "Northanger Abbey". On now to the final one of her novels, "Persuasion".
Old 12-31-2013, 07:51 AM   #862
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Currently working on the complete writings of Gertrude Stein.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #863
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Starting work on the complete works of R. L. Stevenson. It aught to be fun to work on them.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #864
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Starting work on the complete works of R. L. Stevenson. It aught to be fun to work on them.
Excellent. I look forward to it. A lot of his work on PG is in dire need of proofing (eg there are at least 3 errors on the first page alone of "Kidnapped"), so it'll be good to have a properly-proofed version.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #865
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Excellent. I look forward to it. A lot of his work on PG is in dire need of proofing (eg there are at least 3 errors on the first page alone of "Kidnapped"), so it'll be good to have a properly-proofed version.
Well the Swanston Edition is composed of 25 books so it will take me a while but it will be nice to have access to his complete works. I have noticed that there are a few of his books here at MR but not the complete works as yet. I'm thinking of joining them together in groups of 5 for easier access.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:25 PM   #866
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I'm thinking of joining them together in groups of 5 for easier access.
Unless they are complete series, I wouldn't like that. I prefer individual books. A single "complete works" volume (or divided in novels/poetry/travel/...) would be my second choice, but not just arbitrarily bundling several books together.

Of course, whatever you do, if you do it, will be more than welcome, that's only my preference
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #867
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I would think that collections like that are perfect to place in our wiki. We have a page on Notable eBook Uploads Available at MobileRead specifically as an index for collections and have particular pages that contain direct pointers to the downloads. I would agree that having a bunch zipped together is not my preferred way. I like to download what I want when I want.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:56 PM   #868
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've thought about making a version of “Kidnapped” with the illustrations by Louis Rhead – the artist who also made the drawings for “Treasure Island” which I embedded in an ebook here a while back. I'll wait a bit for the proofed version then... Meanwhile, maybe I'll have a go at vectorizing the images to SVG

Currently finalizing the first edition of ”Fram over Polhavet” by F. Nansen, and ”Framgutterne” by B. Nordahl.
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:30 PM   #869
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Well the books are already in partial collections with a few books in each epub and when I check the properties of the folder where all 25 of the epubs are the total comes out to 9.54 MB so that comes out to an average of 1.90 MB per epub (with 5 of the epubs together). Other collections here are similar to what I'm thinking of. Dr. Thorndyke and The H. Rider Haggard books for example. I'm not thinking of all 25 in one big epub just of putting them together so instead of 25 epubs it comes out to 5 epub collections.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:56 PM   #870
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
May I make a plea for all these wonderful books to also be in an lrf format for those of us, like me, who still have an old Sony (prs 505) as their main/only reader. This reader still functions well, I can't find a better one, so don't want to replace it. PLEASE keep formatting for old Sony's. Thanks.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote