Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #31
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
People who pull into handicapped spaces because 'they're just waiting for someone to come out of the store' or 'just gonna be a minute' or just don't give a damn.

Inconsiderate bastiids.

As well as those who abuse the privilege of the handicapped stickers. Like the ones who drive their relatives car (without the relatives) and use the sticker.
THIS THIS THIS!!! Especially the second one. The worst I saw of this was this shiny new BMW pulling into the parking lot (which was pretty empty), up goes the tag, and out of the car comes a girl in her twenties that looked perfectly healthy. My guess was she was the daughter of a doctor.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #32
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
People who pull into handicapped spaces because 'they're just waiting for someone to come out of the store' or 'just gonna be a minute' or just don't give a damn.

Inconsiderate bastiids.

As well as those who abuse the privilege of the handicapped stickers. Like the ones who drive their relatives car (without the relatives) and use the sticker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
THIS THIS THIS!!! Especially the second one. The worst I saw of this was this shiny new BMW pulling into the parking lot (which was pretty empty), up goes the tag, and out of the car comes a girl in her twenties that looked perfectly healthy. My guess was she was the daughter of a doctor.
I'll third this one.

Worst example I saw was a professional footballer (soccer player for you colonial heathens ) parked in a handicapped space with a sticker. He'd played for a Premier Division club the previous day!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #33
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I used to have turtle named "Peeves." When ever my friends came over I would introduce them to "My pet, Peeves." After a while my friends stopped coming by. Probably hated turtles or something.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #34
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I'll third this one.

Worst example I saw was a professional footballer (soccer player for you colonial heathens ) parked in a handicapped space with a sticker. He'd played for a Premier Division club the previous day!
Wow! What a jerk!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
I used to have turtle named "Peeves." When ever my friends came over I would introduce them to "My pet, Peeves." After a while my friends stopped coming by. Probably hated turtles or something.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #35
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
nosepicking makes my stomach heave to unbelievalble heights; just by typing this I begin to feel quite .......................perhaps I should see a shrink about it.
Then you really need to stop picking your nose.

and......... those who have a grudge against Amazons policies, or Kindles and have to bash their looks, formats, etc every chance they get.

On multiple posts.

Starting new threads with 'oh so innocent' sounding questions.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 08:23 PM   #36
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
and......... those who have a grudge against Amazons policies, or Kindles and have to bash their looks, formats, etc every chance they get.

On multiple posts.

Starting new threads with 'oh so innocent' sounding questions.
That's been going on in the Kobo forum for a while now.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #37
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
That's been going on in the Kobo forum for a while now.
Okay.......see I'm just not getting it.

Everyone has their favorite reader. I certainly do.

I used to love sending people to MR because, as I told everyone, it was free of the fanboys, and trolls.

Not so much anymore.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #38
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
And now you have a turtle in therapy?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #39
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Okay.......see I'm just not getting it.

Everyone has their favorite reader. I certainly do.

I used to love sending people to MR because, as I told everyone, it was free of the fanboys, and trolls.

Not so much anymore.
It's gotten so bad I try to stay away. I only post something if I'm sure it won't start a riot. I hope it calms down after the firmware update.

One good thing came out of it at least. I discovered how much fun it is here in the lounge, you guys are great
Old 12-11-2010, 04:48 AM   #40
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
It's gotten so bad I try to stay away. I only post something if I'm sure it won't start a riot. I hope it calms down after the firmware update.

One good thing came out of it at least. I discovered how much fun it is here in the lounge, you guys are great
You mean there are places on MR where people actually talk about ebooks and ebook readers and stuff like that? Weird
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:25 AM   #41
AGB
Headbutting stupidity
AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650
I like discussions, even the ones were someone is putting down my favourite ereaders. I really don't worry about it, but rather like to counter them. Just like I do with Apple fanboys or the like.

I like the discussions, and I think that people reading it - even if it get's pretty "loud" - will be able to read it and take both pros and cons from such a discussion.

I think that fanboys are idiots, but on the other hand, sometimes fanboys from another "school" is just the thing to get me provoked to start a discussion.

Hell, I'm active in the politics and religion for a reason. In fact, I think that is where I post most often.

Aaaanyway,
There are so many pet peeves in this thread, and I agree with most of them. I never thought that so many thing actually annoyed me on a daily basis, but they really do.

Another pet peeve of mine is peoplewho have just gotten their first baby, and all of a sudden, the people who have no children know "nothing". They really believe that the very act of giving birth in itself make them much better with children than anyone else - even people who have worked with children professionally.

(I worked in a kindergarten for five years at one point in my life. And I was really good with children, but have no of my own. Unfortunately).
AGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #42
Pookeysgirl
Wizard

I've got another one (I posted it in the Vent and Rant thread), people that don't clean the damn snow off their cars! It's DANGEROUS! Then they want to get pissed at me when I'm in their blind spot. Which the whole car is one big freaking blind spot because they can't see anything other than out of the 6 inches their wipers cleaned off for them.

@ AGB: My husbands ex is an ECE teacher and I've got to say that she is the biggest moron on the face of the planet and should never have been allowed to have kids. When their daughter was 1, she called him at 11pm crying that the BABY was yelling at her and she didn't know what to do. One time his other daughter chased her with a plastic knife and she ran screaming like the little 2 year old was going to kill her. I wish I was there for that one.

On the other hand, I agree that it doesn't matter if you have children of your own. It doesn't mean that you don't know anything about children at all. I've had plenty of good advise on problems I've had with my kids from many people that didn't have kids of their own from teachers to sales people. You get experience just from being around them, hearing stories and learning from your own childhood.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #43
AGB
Headbutting stupidity
AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650
Thanks, PG
AGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #44
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

I had to bump this thread when I saw this on fark today:

I won't lie, I love internet citations.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:28 AM   #45
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
When I try to give the checkout girl/boy the right change from my wallet, so shehe only have to give me notes back...

They can't count, so say 'no, thank you'... Sometimes I get a win, when I tell them what I need back....

Why aren't these people taught to count?
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote